How do you cope with the waiting?

Candygirl

Need a moan!!!

This week I feel like we will never get to Oz.

We were really trying hard to get in before the 1 July deadline, but it's not going to happen. We are still having our skills assessed for the AQF III and then we will have to apply to TRA for them to assess us again and with the backlog this isn't going to happen anytime soon. We are still looking at 12-14 months after as this is the current 475 processing time.

How does everyone else cope with the waiting?

Guest truebeliver

im not in this position yet but if you want it really bad i can imagine the waiting bieng torture. explain to the aqf and the tra your dilemma on time hopefully the tra will be more speedy as you will allready have most of your evidence in place from the aqf ive heard there really good if you let them know your on a deadline just keep researching oz looking at propertys and such this allways reignites my excitement

good luck with it all :)

Need a moan!!!

This week I feel like we will never get to Oz.

We were really trying hard to get in before the 1 July deadline, but it's not going to happen. We are still having our skills assessed for the AQF III and then we will have to apply to TRA for them to assess us again and with the backlog this isn't going to happen anytime soon. We are still looking at 12-14 months after as this is the current 475 processing time.

How does everyone else cope with the waiting?

Not well I am afraid Candy girl..!! Feel constantly on the edge, I am so anxious and stressed I actually developed eczema !! Some days I feel like we will never get our PR some days I feel like we might , waking up around 4 a.m every day to check my email .!!! I could go on and on

They don't make it easy that's for sure but hopefully it will be worth it:biggrin:

Good luck and hang in there:)

im not in this position yet but if you want it really bad i can imagine the waiting bieng torture. explain to the aqf and the tra your dilemma on time hopefully the tra will be more speedy as you will allready have most of your evidence in place from the aqf ive heard there really good if you let them know your on a deadline just keep researching oz looking at propertys and such this allways reignites my excitement

good luck with it all :)

Thanks. I don't honestly believe that TRA would be any different than they have been. Our skills agent is brilliant and says not to worry about the deadline, but we are nervous about what they will change after 1 July.

I have exhausted myself trying to occupy my spare time. I could pack the house up in 3 days as we have thrown out, sold and donated everything we won't be taking with us.

Not well I am afraid Candy girl..!! Feel constantly on the edge, I am so anxious and stressed I actually developed eczema !! Some days I feel like we will never get our PR some days I feel like we might , waking up around 4 a.m every day to check my email .!!! I could go on and on

They don't make it easy that's for sure but hopefully it will be worth it:biggrin:

Good luck and hang in there:)

I thought I knew what stress was and then I started the process to emigrate to Australia. My OH and I have never bickered so much and now just laugh eachother. One way or another we will either get a visa or get committed - LOL!!!

I am in week 14 of the waiting game with the Vetassess. They have told me that it will be done by week 16. I'm not holding my breath. I'm keeping busy by doing overtime. Am currently working a 72 hour week to save money for Oz. We're hoping to be in Brisbane by August. If the visa doesn't come through for any reason, then I'm getting a new kitchen will all the money I'll have saved. :jiggy:

In the meantime, I'm still doing the usual daily check of the Vetassess website:mad:

Archived