Moving to Perth in October and looking at meeting up

Maxg

Guest nikki35
Hi Nic

Here is the link that I used which gave me the info for the best suburbs. Sorry for sounding daft, but what is AHPRA, as never heard of this. We have just had our application submitted to the DIAC by our agent, so just now waiting a case worker.

Notice that you are in Warrington, we are in West Yorkshire, so not that far really.

Do you plan on working when you get there?

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte.

AHPRA is health practitioner regulator agency. Basically for all nurses who want to register.

West Yorks....Leeds way?? Is it? I always get confused.

I will work I think but hopefully part time... I want an easier life..really?

What do you do? Do you work at the minute?

Nic x

Good luck with everything. Where abouts are you thinking of living when you get there?

Charlotte

We stayed quinns rock in November and liked it but we're sold on Butler.

Although we're open to a few other areas clarkson, mindarie, Kinross...

Other areas we feel may be ok are tapping and banksia grove...

What about you any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Charlotte.

AHPRA is health practitioner regulator agency. Basically for all nurses who want to register.

West Yorks....Leeds way?? Is it? I always get confused.

I will work I think but hopefully part time... I want an easier life..really?

What do you do? Do you work at the minute?

Nic x

Hey Nic

Im guesing then that you are a Nurse. Lol. If so what type of Nurse. We are Wilsden, Bradford, West Yorkshire but dont really like saying Bradford. Lol. I am from Leeds originally.

Hopefully I wont work for the first year, but just depends on oh job. Dont know how I feel about that though, as I have never not worked. Yes I work part time have done for the last 6 years, work for the local hospice within administration. My background though is recruitment which I did for 13 years prior to having kids, but I am also a secretary and have worked within childcare.

I forgot to include the link for you, so here it is. http://localvoices.realestate.com.au...tern-australia

Are you on fb?

Charlotte x

We stayed quinns rock in November and liked it but we're sold on Butler.

Although we're open to a few other areas clarkson, mindarie, Kinross...

Other areas we feel may be ok are tapping and banksia grove...

What about you any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey

We were initially thinking Duncraig (compromise by the oh as I wanted to live in Hilarys, but there is no way that we could afford to live there), but like the sound of Melville which is SOR. Have a look at the link as it gives you the best 25 suburbs in Perth. To be honest, it all depends on the schools, as that is the most important think for us.

Hey

We were initially thinking Duncraig (compromise by the oh as I wanted to live in Hilarys, but there is no way that we could afford to live there), but like the sound of Melville which is SOR. Have a look at the link as it gives you the best 25 suburbs in Perth. To be honest, it all depends on the schools, as that is the most important think for us.

http://localvoices.realestate.com.au...tern-australia

Hi Justin

Just realised that I never enclosed it. http://localvoices.realestate.com.au...tern-australia

We have friends that are living in the 1st four and said that they are absolutley brill areas to live even if you dont have kids.

Take care

Charlotte

Thanks Charlotte, looking at the house prices in at least the first 6 they would be good areas as you need to be well heeled to afford a decent family house !:eek:

I need to find FIFO work !!

Guest nikki35
Hey Nic

Im guesing then that you are a Nurse. Lol. If so what type of Nurse. We are Wilsden, Bradford, West Yorkshire but dont really like saying Bradford. Lol. I am from Leeds originally.

Hopefully I wont work for the first year, but just depends on oh job. Dont know how I feel about that though, as I have never not worked. Yes I work part time have done for the last 6 years, work for the local hospice within administration. My background though is recruitment which I did for 13 years prior to having kids, but I am also a secretary and have worked within childcare.

I forgot to include the link for you, so here it is. http://localvoices.realestate.com.au...tern-australia

Are you on fb?

Charlotte x

Hey Charlotte.

Yep on FB. under Nichola Doyle. (in a wedding dress)

Ahhh Bradford.....Used to go in Leeds all the time.

Im not a nurse my OH is he is a psychiatric nurse. I was a nurse 6 years ago but dont do that anymore.im in Sales and hoping for a similar job when im there.

I look at Local voices all the time and it is very useful but....say you look at Balga which is notorious for being a dump? and crime rates are high///Locals that live there think its great? Well most of them? So it gives you a great idea of a place what people are saying but I kinda read between the lines. I know Duncraig is great. It seems lovley and obviuosly all the schools are great. But Say a couple of suburbs away is Woovale which is cheaper and still good schools. (which is really important to us)

Looked at that second best suburb which was beckendale? How cheap is it there??? Blimey. 2000sq ft for around 550k.. But then I ask myself why?? Whys it so cheap??

Look me up?? Whats your full name so i can find ya?

Nic x

Hi Suzanne

We are from West Yorkshire. Yes agree would be good for us all to keep in contact, as we all seem to be at the same stage. What job offer have you got?

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte,

Well, had interview and after sucessful interview, references have been requested and sent, so will hear back end of this month. The job is for Child Protection Social Worker in Perth. WA are currently undertaking a UK recruitment campaign. There are a few other social workers on here who have also applied. But they appear to not have children and it would be lovely to meet other families on arrival to build up some support networks. My other half is currently in the royal marines and so wouldn't be joining us until feb 2014, when he will have completed his 22 years. So my mum has agreed to come and help out until he arrives (she has a new zealand passport, which enables her to do this). I'll keep a lookout on thius thread to check everyones progress.

Regards

Suzane

Hi Suzanne

Im in warrington not far from Manc. Were doing NOR... as more established. Good luck with refs etc.. What jobs do ya do?

Nic

Hi Nic,

Oh i know Warrington. I visited Penketh a lot over the years, and i am originally from St Helens. Moved south when i was 8, but all my extended family are still in st helens, and i often visit Ikea in warrington when i am up that way lol! The job i have gone for is Child Protection Social Worker in Perth, but will not know till end of the month. My other half is Royal Marine and wouldn't be joining us till feb 2014! So i would be making the move with a 4 and 8 yr old. My mum has agreed to come along for a year to help out until he arrives...she has New Zealand passport. So we will see. I would prefer NOR i think, but see what the offer entails. Want to live where there are good schools.

Regards

Suzanne

Hi Lorraine

What age are you children?

My oh didnt think he would do well in the ILETS, as they said that he needed to get 8 in all areas, but he got 8.5 overall, so tell him not to worry too much. My oh is a site manager for a house builder, but a joiner by trade.

Did they tell you how long to wait for your Vetessess results? Our was 16½ weeks, which apparently is what they state on their website. They are not allowed to go longer than that though apprarently.

Hows was the Expo?

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte

Our Boys are 9 & 14 agent says last bricklayer was approved in 9 working days she could of just said that to get initial deposit from us !! im hoping it doesnt drag on ,expo wasnt great nothing you couldnt get online people were queing for 2 hours when all they had to do was book online we walked right in with online tickets lovely.Place was packed and they closed the doors at 4pm.Did talk to a few aussies thou managed to get some good info from them and spoke to an irish agent over there 16 years has his pool and his boat and in no hurry back also got a lovely text form our friends in Perth telling us to hang in their it will all be worth it.So its full steam ahead just cant bear the waiting:mad:

Lorraine

Hey Charlotte.

Yep on FB. under Nichola Doyle. (in a wedding dress)

Ahhh Bradford.....Used to go in Leeds all the time.

Im not a nurse my OH is he is a psychiatric nurse. I was a nurse 6 years ago but dont do that anymore.im in Sales and hoping for a similar job when im there.

I look at Local voices all the time and it is very useful but....say you look at Balga which is notorious for being a dump? and crime rates are high///Locals that live there think its great? Well most of them? So it gives you a great idea of a place what people are saying but I kinda read between the lines. I know Duncraig is great. It seems lovley and obviuosly all the schools are great. But Say a couple of suburbs away is Woovale which is cheaper and still good schools. (which is really important to us)

Looked at that second best suburb which was beckendale? How cheap is it there??? Blimey. 2000sq ft for around 550k.. But then I ask myself why?? Whys it so cheap??

Look me up?? Whats your full name so i can find ya?

Nic x

Hey. Looked you up, so hopefully you should have friend request. If not mine details are Charlotte Burton. Picture is of my little boy asleep on the floor.

Maybe it would be a nice idea to meet up at some point if your up for that?

Charlotte x

Hi Charlotte,

Well, had interview and after sucessful interview, references have been requested and sent, so will hear back end of this month. The job is for Child Protection Social Worker in Perth. WA are currently undertaking a UK recruitment campaign. There are a few other social workers on here who have also applied. But they appear to not have children and it would be lovely to meet other families on arrival to build up some support networks. My other half is currently in the royal marines and so wouldn't be joining us until feb 2014, when he will have completed his 22 years. So my mum has agreed to come and help out until he arrives (she has a new zealand passport, which enables her to do this). I'll keep a lookout on thius thread to check everyones progress.

Regards

Suzane

Hi

2014 god that is ages away. Good on your mum for offering to help. How old are your children.

When do you envisage to be over there then?

Would be good to keep in contact.

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte

Our Boys are 9 & 14 agent says last bricklayer was approved in 9 working days she could of just said that to get initial deposit from us !! im hoping it doesnt drag on ,expo wasnt great nothing you couldnt get online people were queing for 2 hours when all they had to do was book online we walked right in with online tickets lovely.Place was packed and they closed the doors at 4pm.Did talk to a few aussies thou managed to get some good info from them and spoke to an irish agent over there 16 years has his pool and his boat and in no hurry back also got a lovely text form our friends in Perth telling us to hang in their it will all be worth it.So its full steam ahead just cant bear the waiting:mad:

Lorraine

We did an expo a couple of years ago, but will probably do the one in June which is in Leeds.

Looks like it is full steam ahead for you guys then, well at least you will be able to fill us all in what it is really like before we get there.

You on fb?

Charlotte

Hi

2014 god that is ages away. Good on your mum for offering to help. How old are your children.

When do you envisage to be over there then?

Would be good to keep in contact.

Charlotte

Hi Charlottle, yes it is ages away lol! Think i must be mad! But didn't want to miss the opportunity, and other half will come out when he is on leave. We are use to long seperations. All being well hope to be there by the end of the year, just waiting to hear. If successful, will put the house on the market in April, and really need to be there by December for start of the school year. Children: Ollie aged 4 and Abbey aged 8.

Suzanne x

Archived