Length of time from applying to getting a 176 or 175?! Which should I go for?!?!?!

seraphim

Hi All,

asked something a little similar a few weeks ago but now i've had a soop on t'interweb I've slightly more fo an idea what soe o the visa's are!

Question is: How long would it take to get a visa from date of application (likely to be roughly June 2012 time) for 175 and a 176? Our desire to go is also linked to our child being of school age so we're not puling her this way and that. I thought that a 175 might take a year until we could go but I get the impression it's a LOT longer than this. Anyone know how long in reality before getting the approval to go?!?!?!

How long does state sponsorship take?

And then how long does a visa on 176 take?

I assume you need to confirm state sponsorship prior to applying for the 176, and for some states, i'd have to have my IELTS results with at least 7's first too?

Officially it's 12 to 24 Months to get a state sponsored visa depending on which country you are from. But most likely it will be a lot quicker than that.

Official Processing Times here,

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Allocation Dates here,

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Hi All,

asked something a little similar a few weeks ago but now i've had a soop on t'interweb I've slightly more fo an idea what soe o the visa's are!

Question is: How long would it take to get a visa from date of application (likely to be roughly June 2012 time) for 175 and a 176? Our desire to go is also linked to our child being of school age so we're not puling her this way and that. I thought that a 175 might take a year until we could go but I get the impression it's a LOT longer than this. Anyone know how long in reality before getting the approval to go?!?!?!

I assume you need to confirm state sponsorship prior to applying for the 176, and for some states, i'd have to have my IELTS results with at least 7's first too?

The length state sponsorship takes is dependent on which state you apply for - WA can be very quick (hrs - days), other states can take alot longer - Ive read that the NT can take 30+ weeks. Depending on which SMP your occupation is on and where you want to live, if you check some of the 176 Jan or 176 Feb threads, you will see some of others timelines and have idea of how long it takes to get sponsorship.

Once lodging your 176 application, applications are getting a CO within 4 weeks. We had CO after 2 weeks and got visa granted after 6 weeks.

You will need SS and IELTS before applying for visa, but 176 will definatly be faster than 175 who are waiting 6-8 months for CO.

The length state sponsorship takes is dependent on which state you apply for - WA can be very quick (hrs - days), other states can take alot longer - Ive read that the NT can take 30+ weeks. Depending on which SMP your occupation is on and where you want to live, if you check some of the 176 Jan or 176 Feb threads, you will see some of others timelines and have idea of how long it takes to get sponsorship.

Once lodging your 176 application, applications are getting a CO within 4 weeks. We had CO after 2 weeks and got visa granted after 6 weeks.

You will need SS and IELTS before applying for visa, but 176 will definatly be faster than 175 who are waiting 6-8 months for CO.

Once a case officer is allocated, are both visas roughly about the same processing time? If not, how long would I need to wait for each?

WA looks nice anyway, I think it's only $200AU to apply for state sponsorship!

Archived