Ielts

Keira huggins

What has been your experience of this test?

we have started to ask our migration agent about PR. they have given us a whole heap of information.

they have told us that my husband is currently sat on 60 points should he get an 8 on the IELTS test gaining a further 5 points on state sponsorship giving us the necessary 65 points to be eligible.

just exactly how hard is this test. My husband is a telecommunications manager and has been out of full time education for a long time.

Is this test something which he needs to revise for, I have visited the website and see the example papers but it does seem a little extreme that you would drop points on something as little as missing a grammatical or punctuation error.

Any help would be much appreciated

keira

Guest kianobeano

Hi Keira,

Ielts is quite difficult, it requires ALOT of practice. There are loads of threads on here about it. Some english native speakers have sat it 3/4 times to get an 8.

Thank God my OH needs a 7 across all sections we will have results next fri. Book ielts now as i've heard theyre booked up for like 5 mths or something (read on here too !!)

Best of luck,

Dont underestimate the power of the IELTS lol :biggrin:

Jen x

Hi Keira,

Ielts is quite difficult, it requires ALOT of practice. There are loads of threads on here about it. Some english native speakers have sat it 3/4 times to get an 8.

Thank God my OH needs a 7 across all sections we will have results next fri. Book ielts now as i've heard theyre booked up for like 5 mths or something (read on here too !!)

Best of luck,

Dont underestimate the power of the IELTS lol :biggrin:

Jen x

Sorry, meant to say "good luck". ( with punctuation:wink:)

Guest Smithy1982

Hi all! Can anyone tell me, if we book two tests but manage to pass and get what we need in the first test so cancelled the second would we be refunded the money from the second booked test or would we forfeit the money?! Hope someone can help, thank you in advance!!

Nicole

Hi all! Can anyone tell me, if we book two tests but manage to pass and get what we need in the first test so cancelled the second would we be refunded the money from the second booked test or would we forfeit the money?! Hope someone can help, thank you in advance!!

Nicole

Hi

Yes can get a refund but you will loose 25% of your exam fee and you have to cancel your second test no later than 5 weeks before the test date. So it may be a good idea to allow 5+ weeks between each test.

:biggrin:

Guest Smithy1982
Hi

Yes can get a refund but you will loose 25% of your exam fee and you have to cancel your second test no later than 5 weeks before the test date. So it may be a good idea to allow 5+ weeks between each test.

:biggrin:

Thank you Tooch, hubby needs to do the test, I feel sick to my stomach each time I think about it which is pretty much every few seconds at the moment!!!!

can someone help with how you are marked for the ielts. We need the 10 points but unsure on how its graded and what marks you need for the 4 sections to gain the 10 points.

Thanks

you need 7s in all four comonents to get 10 points and 8s in all four components to get 20 points.

Archived