The shippers have been!

Sherbetdip23

Just a little info for those of you looking for a good shipper........

Well, after months of preparing for the arrival of the shippers and finally getting everything cleaned and de-cluttered - the shippers turned up yesterday and packed everything neatly into boxes and then loaded it all on to our 20ft container today!

We used John Mason and they were absolutely fantastic. two chirpy lads by the name of Stewart and Kym who worked very professionally and speedily. (there was a different chap with Stewart yesterday - can't remember his name but he was Speedy Gonzalez!) Despite the container not looking that huge they still managed to get all of our worldy goods into it with some very clever packing!

The office side of things was great too - lovely lady by the name of Amanda always there to help with all the questions we had and answered them very promptly. Even spoke to us before the guys set off to see if we were happy with everything and made sure we had checked the house too!

Any more q's fire away :biggrin:

Carla

That's reassuring news. We've booked John Mason to ship all our goods in a 20ft container in April. We have a small three bed terrace but I still look at our stuff and wonder how they will fit it all in.

Apart from cleaning things, did you pre-pack anything at all, or just let them get on with it? We've got cartons of books that have never been opened from our last move (!) and a few things in see-through plastic storage boxes, so thought they would all be okay to send as they are?

That's reassuring news. We've booked John Mason to ship all our goods in a 20ft container in April. We have a small three bed terrace but I still look at our stuff and wonder how they will fit it all in.

Apart from cleaning things, did you pre-pack anything at all, or just let them get on with it? We've got cartons of books that have never been opened from our last move (!) and a few things in see-through plastic storage boxes, so thought they would all be okay to send as they are?

Hiya

We pre-packed a few bits as I already had loads of those plastic containers and I think i just made it easier for me knowing that I had been thru everything and it was clean and neatly put away. Don't underestimate how long it takes to go thru everything to clean and declutter - I started months ago and only finished the day befre they came. Make sure that you get everything as small as you can - for example our daughter had a play kitchen that we took down as it would have taken up far to much room otherwise and we were desparate to ship it (or should I say they were! lol!) Also their go-kart. Every little helps when dismantling.

We have got a 5 bed house and they fitted it all in but saying that we are very minimalist and did declutter loads! I'm sure you will be fine leaving your books as they are - good luck!

Guest Stuart Green

Hi Guys , can anyone please give me an approx cost of an 20ft container to OZ , before i start looking into quotations

thank you

We've just booked john masons and it cost us 3625 pound for a 20 ft container, and got them to reduce the insurance from 3 per cent to 2 per cent, not filled that form yet so don't know how much that will be, could have gone for a smaller container as I've sold a lot of furniture but for a shared container they reckon it could n

be 12 to 14 weeks or 8 to 10 weeks for a full container, for 600 pounds difference it wasn't worth the wait.

Archived