Diffeerent English Proficiencies for Different Occupations on SOL

seraphim

Does anyone know if there are any occupations on the SOL where you have to show a minmum IELTS score of 7 or 8, rather than the 6 that is assumed being from en English Speaking Country?

I.e Doctors Lawyers Engineers have to have ielts 8 or something like that?

Any idea where I'd get this info, and find out which jobs if any need this higher level english, I've looked all over!

I'm applying as an accountant and part of the skills assessment is that I need 7's in the Academic IELTS exam. Which occupation are you looking at?

I'd suggest looking on the website of the skills assessment authority as it would show in the details there. In the details they should state what the requirements are for a successful application.

Hope this helps.

HI Katie,

I've passed Vetassess for the job (Environmental Health Officer) but was wondering as it didn't seem to show on there anywhere else I'd find out such as DIAC (very confusig website!)

OK, well in that case, I think you should be fine as the requirement would have been part of the VETASSES evaluation. If they're happy then DIAC should be happy.

This is my understanding though. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will be able to correct me :smile:

Archived