Permanent Residency/ 309 subclass 100 visa Q!

Tulip

Bet you're all sick of my questions by now!

I've just read that if you've been with your partner for 3 years or more, you can be granted the 309 visa without waiting two years on the 100 temp visa? Has anybody done this before?

I've been with my Aussie OH for 3 years, but for two of those years it was long-distance with him in Aus and me here, with each of us visiting one another. Wondering if this will effect us!

Would love a reply. xxx

Hehe, I knew what you meant. Yeah, we sent our application off and it seems it was decided upon arrival that i'd be getting the 100 visa as when they charged our credit card the receipt was sent to us with "Subclass 100 visa" written on it. I've no idea how they decide and how quickly but it certainly got our hopes up when we saw that and we weren't wrong.

How far into the application are you? If I can be of any help then let me know x

I'd be chuffed if I'd seen that too, haha. We're still in the baby process of it, haven't lodged or anything, just gathering evidence as we're getting married this year and have to save up for the visa too, so basically when we have the fee we can lodge. Thanks so much for your offer of help, it sure is a lot of paper work. xxx

Archived