176 for an electrician, confused!

jamesandsarah

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help - We are a little confused by the requirements regarding a 176 state sponsored for an electrician.

James is an electrician and has run the family business for 5 years. However, he only completed all of his City and Guilds in 2011.

Below is what he has:

City and guilds 17th edition wiring regulations 2382 passed in May 2008

City and guilds 2330 level 2 completed June 2011 level 3 Completed Jan 2012

City and guilds Level 3 2391 Test and inspect completed June 2010.

NVQ level 3 completed Feb 2012

NICIEC solar installer/designer course completed may April 2011

BABA in Business Administration degree completed June 2001

From what we understand, to fulfil the criteria for a 176, he needs to pass a skills assessment and have at least 12 months experience post qualifying within the 24 months prior to application. However, we have also heard he needs 3 years post qualifying experience to pass the skills assessment??? So is it 3 years, 12 months or 12 months + 3 years????? Can anyone clarify this for us please...

So much information to take in....

Alternatively, I qualify as a mental health nurse at the end of the year so we could go on a 176 with that once I have 12 months experience. However, RMN Jobs are scarce so Im worried if I cant find work , it'll take even longer...

Thanks

Sarah and James

Hi i believe its 12 months experience, we are also sponsored but hubby became electrician many years ago so experience wasnt a problem, i gather because you need to know the answers your not using an agent? you could call one up and ask the question before you agree to use them im sure they would be able to help. we used an agent he was/is fantastic did almost everything for us and helped with any issues we had with paper work etc as hubby is self employed its more complicated than being employed by someone as they want more evidence. Yes it cost you more but we found it was worth it as really took pressure of getting it right. if you want our agents details i can send them to you, u will have to do a vetassess test which is straight forward and has u other half has recently completed his exams he shoulnt need to swot up on much lol

Any how i hope you get on ok any info just ask, but yes i do belive you need at least 12 months post experience but an agent maybe able to sort this as your other half has experience pre exam im not sure.

lesley.

Hi Sarah his name is Sammy Naghi he works for a company called taylor hampton solicitors in london, website is www.thlaw.co.uk or www.emigrate-to-australia.co.uk phone number 02074275975, the company it self is a top solicitors and there solictors are the ones that are representing millie dowlers family and others against news of the world, so i had every faith in them, their fees are no different to anyone else but i feel sammy goes beyond the call of duty, for example he gets up early in the mornings to call colleagues in oz if need to, always keeps intouch with us via email or phone calls and has helped every step of the way and i would highly recommend him to anyone, for example he has delt with our co for us as we was about to get medicals done and found out i was pregnant, so he explain everything to our co and they put our visa on hold untill 3 months after baby is born, an ive been told that isnt always the case many times they refuse.

Hi Sarah his name is Sammy Naghi he works for a company called taylor hampton solicitors in london, website is www.thlaw.co.uk or www.emigrate-to-australia.co.uk phone number 02074275975, the company it self is a top solicitors and there solictors are the ones that are representing millie dowlers family and others against news of the world, so i had every faith in them, their fees are no different to anyone else but i feel sammy goes beyond the call of duty, for example he gets up early in the mornings to call colleagues in oz if need to, always keeps intouch with us via email or phone calls and has helped every step of the way and i would highly recommend him to anyone, for example he has delt with our co for us as we was about to get medicals done and found out i was pregnant, so he explain everything to our co and they put our visa on hold untill 3 months after baby is born, an ive been told that isnt always the case many times they refuse.

Thanks for this - Definitely something to look into :)

Archived