TRA statement of employment Question

sherile

Hello,

We are doing the applications on our own and still in the process of gathering the documentations. My husband is the main applicant and one of the companies he has worked with does not want to sign the statement of employment because they said they only provide the standard Certificate of Employment to their employees. There is another company wherein his former superior cannot be reached/found.

What is your advice in the case of these two companies if we cannot obtain the signature of his former superiors?

For the 1st one I'd get the certificate they're offering and write a statutory declaration - basically just a statement witnessed by solicitor or police or someone stating the reason for not having exactly what they want and providing the info on job description that they want. Statutory dec for the 2nd one also explaining that you cannot find previous boss etc.

Also just read your post in the TRA thread and you need to have certificate to send to TRA my hubby had to do recognition of prior learning to get AQF III in Wall & Floor Tiling before we could do TRA and it's not cheap!

Good luck and if I can help in any way let me know and I'll do what I can!

Archived