Hi,

I have been informed about Upcoming projects such as :-

The Pacific motorway upgrade

(nerang to tugan)

(gateway to logan)

&

The Ipswich motorway

(dinmore to gudna)

As im not currently in Australia and work on roads in the UK i was wondering if anyone could give me any info, as to when these projects are starting?/ if there ongoing?/ and if they are how far in?

thanks so much for reading this

(any info at all is greatly appreciated)

Can't speak for Queensland - but, as per Kate's link, there is tons of work in the pipeline in NSW. They are upgrading the whole of the Pac Highway in sections

The big companies in roads in NSW are Leighton Contractors, Balderstones and Abi Group - all recruit from overseas, in some cases quite heavily. Baldie's have just won the huge Tintenbar to Ewingsdale job which is a major tunnel and big road, worth about $600m, so must be recruiting to gear up for that

There's loads of road work in NSW in the pipeline, not just this programme. Lots of upgrading needed and spending being committed

Hi Steve,

The requirements for road building here is quite substantial; 80% of the infrastructure damage in the 2010 floods was to the road system. So the demand is there, even if funding is difficult. Apart from flood damage, there are (already fund allocated) plans to improove the Bruce Highway north of Brisbane. I should point out that "Highway" can mean anything from 4 lanes each way down to 1 lane each way with no central reservation. Or hard shoulder. or white lines, or even much bitumen. It's quite an eye opener.

But for a road builder it looks promising. I don't know what exactly it is that you do, but I would imagine you might be in a better position than a sparky or a plumber because the traditional trades can be difficult to get you foot in the door. Doubtless there'd be some kind of course you'd need to do to make sure you put your orange bib on the right way round, but nowhere near as much than for a sparky, or gas engineer.

Hi,

I have been informed about Upcoming projects such as :-

The Pacific motorway upgrade

(nerang to tugan)

(gateway to logan)

&

The Ipswich motorway

(dinmore to gudna)

As im not currently in Australia and work on roads in the UK i was wondering if anyone could give me any info, as to when these projects are starting?/ if there ongoing?/ and if they are how far in?

thanks so much for reading this

(any info at all is greatly appreciated)

The Pacific Motorway ones are almost complete (thankfully as the gw one holds me up every day, which was supposed to be done in 2011), not sure about the others or any future ones.

Archived