Form 929 processing time and another certifying documents question

landr

Hi everyone,

I know certifying documents issues come up a lot but I cant seem to find the answer trawling through old posts.

My partner and I rarely get the same days off and we need to get some documents certified. Do we both have to be present when getting them certified? Will they certify his passport and birth certificate for me if he is not present?

Also, form 929. Can anyone tell me how long it took for them to process and switch your visa to new passport. Last year, I phoned Australia House and they told me it would switch to my new passport automatically!! It was only from reading on here I learnt about form 929. Now I am heading to Perth in March to see my family and my visa isn't linked in with new passport. Argh.

If your visa has already been issued, you can carry both passports with you (the older one with the visa label and the new one without). In Australia all immigration offices can do a change of passport for the visa label as a walk-in process.

Form 929 is only required if you have a change of passport while the visa is being processed. It's not for use after the grant.

• 1 year later...

Hello All - My visa is was granted in May 2011 - I finished my Initial Entry in Mar 2012 -My passport expired in April 2013 but before that in advance

I got a my new passport in Sep 2012 - So now intimating this change this by form 929. I don't live in Australia currently.

My question is Am I informing the department very late? Will i have eyebrows raised? And how long does it take for this to process?

Do i need to send my new & old passport along with it? Or only the copy ( with notary seal) is enough?)

Archived