Vetassess- success!?!?!?!?!

seraphim

HI all,

hopefully someone more knowledgeable about Vetassess can help me.

I submitted on January 7th, and they received my documents on 23rd January.

I've had an e-mail from them on Feb 14th (this morning) saying my results are now in (I thought that was fast?!?!) and it says:

Skills test - Successful.

Work Experience Points test - Completed, Your results will be posted out to you.

Does this mean that the work experience has also been successful, or that they don't like breaking bad news via the internet?!?!?!

Any help appreciated, it took me over a week to put the vetassess application together, after I found my degree certificate propping up the shortest leg of my desk!

:)

Hi there

Did you sort out the

Vetassess your self or use an agent to help you.

Thanks

gary

I did it myself, reasoning thus:

1. To me, an agent adds another set of hands to slow down the process/cost money/delay an application that I want to get in prior to the rubbish Expression of Interest Changes

2. If i can't work out the vetassess process, I'm probably not going to pass the skills and experience test ! :biggrin:

In total, the cost for me was about £520 at the current useless rates of exchange, and getting the information together took about a week as I am very sad and had a folder with old payslips etc in! Evidence of all the degrees and higher qualifications were also simple for me, and I've had one job in the last 12 years so mine was totally straightforwards, as it was in the field I'm applying for.

I have no doubt that in the case of complicated applications or multiple jobs/country specific skill trees which don't translate exactly to australian skill trees etc. then having an agent to offer help would be useful, but in my case, I was fortunate that it seemed simple.

Good luck with your application! :)

Next step, to demonstrate that I am fluent in English! :biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Yeong's!

I applied for General Professional which I get the idea is probably a bit more straightforward then some of the trades where you have practical exams etc, mine was verifying my accredited qualificationos against a known standard (i'm lucky there in that the UK is the leading origin for my work area so is well respected and common everywhere!)

I think you hear absolute zero until bang, one day they send you an e-mail saying 'processed'! No lead in unless you are missing a document they need.

Hope that Helps!

Wow congrats!! That is really fast!!

I am hopefully going to submit my VETASSESS assessment this week (it's with the migration agent either today or tomorrow) and was hoping it wouldn't take too long!

I too have only had one employer for 4 years so I'm hoping that it's fairly straightforward and I have all my diplomas and certificates and transcripts all there along with my payslips (I guess I'm sad too as I have all my payslips from when I started working)!

Hearing your story really gives us hope! Thank you for sharing! Whereabouts in Australia are planning to move to?

Wow congrats!! That is really fast!!

I am hopefully going to submit my VETASSESS assessment this week (it's with the migration agent either today or tomorrow) and was hoping it wouldn't take too long!

I too have only had one employer for 4 years so I'm hoping that it's fairly straightforward and I have all my diplomas and certificates and transcripts all there along with my payslips (I guess I'm sad too as I have all my payslips from when I started working)!

Hearing your story really gives us hope! Thank you for sharing! Whereabouts in Australia are planning to move to?

I#d move almost anywhere as my current boss is a horrendous bully!

No, with a small child we need services and other people to make sure they don't end up as a recluse! WA around the perth area looks nice or central coast NSW but they don't have state sponsorship whereas WA do so either would suit me but looking like WA at least at first and see how we like the 'frontier' lifestyle! we'll give it the two years that state sponsorship requires and if we like it and can settle in that time we'll look to put down permanent roots there, if not, Oz is a big country!

Good luck with your application.

HI all,

hopefully someone more knowledgeable about Vetassess can help me.

I submitted on January 7th, and they received my documents on 23rd January.

I've had an e-mail from them on Feb 14th (this morning) saying my results are now in (I thought that was fast?!?!) and it says:

Skills test - Successful.

Work Experience Points test - Completed, Your results will be posted out to you.

Does this mean that the work experience has also been successful, or that they don't like breaking bad news via the internet?!?!?!

Any help appreciated, it took me over a week to put the vetassess application together, after I found my degree certificate propping up the shortest leg of my desk!

:)

Wow, that was fast. Any idea why it processed so quickly? Standard proceesing times at the moment seem to be 12-16 weeks

Wow, that was fast. Any idea why it processed so quickly? Standard proceesing times at the moment seem to be 12-16 weeks

Mine was very straighforward. 3 degrees, 1 job for last 10 years, and plenty of proof of employment and so on, so very very simple.

They may be trying to clear all their work up nbefopre the changes but i think mine was that fast as it was easy for them to do/check, i'd spent a whole week sorting out the evidence to send to make sure they had everything!

Hope that helps!

Hope this is the case for mine too! 3 degrees, 1 job for the past 4 years and plenty of proof of employment with job contract and employer's reference letters plus translated payslips so we're hoping it will be processed faster than 12-16 weeks too!

*apologies for repeating myself but have been a bit stressed out by our migration agent recently*

They may be trying to clear all their work up nbefopre the changes but i think mine was that fast as it was easy for them to do/check,

Yeah, I think you might be right - theyre probably moving the easy ones to the top of the pile to avoid a backlog occurring before July.

Hi Seraphim, thanks for all your advice. Mine is a bit complicated. 1degree and have been with current employer for 4 years. Also appling for general professional. Still did not hear from Vetassess, already 5 weeks since they received the application. Took my IELTS on 18 feb, fingers and toes crossed! Planning for WA state sponsor.

Oh my word!! That is fantastic news. I am envious though as I filed sometime in November and still not heard anything - also for general professional rather than trade. Hope to hear soon as I am pulling my hair out. Congrats though

Archived