176 Online application: Uploaded document to be certified or not?

Goochie

I've just spent the evening scanning in birth certificates, passport pages and other documents. These have been uploaded and attached to my application.

Now I feel a bit stupid because I clicked the "Message" on the document check list online and it says the documents need to be certified?

Should I have had them certified before uploading?

I cant find any way to remove documents that have been uploaded so now I just look like a dumbass!

If they are the original documents, and you are using a colour scanning machine, no they don't need certifying.

If they are copies, or you are using a B&W scanner, then yes, they need certifying (although if they are copies, you need the original anyway to get them certified as 'true copies of an original' as the person needs to see the original when they do it, so you may as well just upload a scan of the original. If that makes any sense lol).

Personal experience talking :)

no worries - once they are uploaded I don't think you can remove them - I had a similar issue, to do with uploading 12 blank payslips (doh!), and couldn't get rid of them, cue panic and thinking the CO would think I was incredably blonde, but it all worked out ok and visa was granted about a week after getting CO :D

We fly in the morning :jiggy:

Archived