Need Help!!

Guest The T's

Guest The T's

Hey the names Billy i am 14 years old and my parents are thinking about moving to australia an wondering what it is like and how easy is it to settle in to a different way of life. If there is anybody who has been in my posistion can you let me know what it is like and is it worth it.

thanks

Billy.:v_SPIN::jiggy::spinny::cool:

Hi Billy,

I wanted to acknowledge your post. My daughter is almost 13 so a little younger than you, but she was quite nervous about making the move to Aus, particularly as she'd started high school in the UK and year 7 here is the last year of primary school. She's settled in really well and made friends, there are always new people joining the school from many different countries so you're never the new kid for long.

One of the things we did which once your parents know where you're heading for is to contact the school and to see if they can get you a penpal. The principle set Alex up with a girl who would be in her class - they chatted on msn and was then able to connect with other people at the school, when the move finally came she felt as if she knew a few people despite not having met them. Ironically, Alex isn't very close to this girl any more, she's developed her own friends - but it served it's purpose at the time.

Alex has settled very quickly here and already says that she can't imagine going back to England, come with an open mind and that you'll enjoy the experience, you will miss your mates back in England, that's only natural - it'll be the same for your mum and dad too - for the first time, you're all going to be starting new jobs/schools and making new friends all at the same time - so they're probably just as nervous as you are. From my experience - the kids have developed their network of friends much more quickly than we've been able to .... so you may have the advantage over your mum and dad.

Hope everything goes ok

Ali

Archived