Sodastream

JoandJon

Ok, I'm going retro I know, but I've decided that I really want to get one of the new sodastream gadgets so I don't have to buy soda water and tonic water and lemonade etc etc and always have access to it.

(I nearly bought one in the UK but realised they were cheaper in Oz!)

Any ideas where the best places would be to buy them and the syrups?

Checked ebay and there's naff all :)

We have had one for a couple of years now, got it from K mart, cant remember how much we paid for it , When the cartridge is empty you take it back to K mart for a replacement They have gone up to $18 but are bigger than before You can get the syrups there or at most supermarkets hope this helps Mags

Hehehe, I love make-your-own :)

We have lager brewing in the coopers kit, and have sourced sausage skins etc. so it's all systems go :)

Now we're off and will have a look at K-mart etc. Satch is currently pouting at the back door 'cos she's not coming with us :)

Might even try to buy some more work clothes if I'm in the mood (prolly not tho)

Cheers!

I have bought a good few work clothes from Big W - $40 shirt reduced to $10, grey trousers marked down to $15 but rang throught at $10. Absolute bargain! Not designer quality, or even M&S quality, but the look and fit OK and it's the only place I've tried on white shirts that are not see-thru! (pet hate) :o)

Hmmmm too much on telly tonight - gotta record Homeland so I can watch Bones. Or will it be record Bones and watch Homeland???

Must dash - husband pouting now too :P

Telly here is not all that bad! Sunday for me is 'Border and New Girl, wanna watch Revenge tomorrow ooh and The Big Bang Theory, and I like Gordon Street Tonight and The Straits for non-American viewing, along with 'Border!!

Guest Guest31881
Ok, I'm going retro I know, but I've decided that I really want to get one of the new sodastream gadgets so I don't have to buy soda water and tonic water and lemonade etc etc and always have access to it.

(I nearly bought one in the UK but realised they were cheaper in Oz!)

Any ideas where the best places would be to buy them and the syrups?

Checked ebay and there's naff all :)

Sorry but hankering after a soda stream is sad..... So .... so..... sad.......

Could you let me know where you end up buying one from... of course I do not want one, because it is sad to want a soda stream...... But I may just pop in the shop to have a look at one... and see what flavours are available. and could use the soda water as well for my scotch...:wink:. :ssign7:

Telly here is not all that bad! Sunday for me is 'Border and New Girl, wanna watch Revenge tomorrow ooh and The Big Bang Theory, and I like Gordon Street Tonight and The Straits for non-American viewing, along with 'Border!!

I watched the pilot of Revenge on a flight to Singapore last month and enjoyed it so much I watched it again coming back. Can't wait for the week after next to see what is going to happen :jiggy:

I think Telly is actually pretty damned good - it's got pretty much all the stuff I like :) Sunday nights are brilliant, and I'm looking forward to Alcatraz on Monday :) Haven't seen revenge yet, might have to give it a go.... I'm sure it will clash with something. Loving the Good Wife, and the Generation quiz show with Shaun Micallef is funny. And there's some Aussie shows coming on soon that I'm looking forward to giving a chance...

Ok, Sodastream - pretty much the same price in KMart and BigW - you can get the machine, gas cylinder and 1 bottle (1L) for ~$65. But it's the Jet / Stream model in grey. Which is fine, except hubby doesn't like the way it looks and wants a higher end model...... So I may end up buying online direct from the website.

As for flavours - Big W had more, KMart had naff-all, but the flannygate KMart is notoriously rubbish. Didn't look in the other shops 'cos we exhausted our shopping stamina by then. The online website has a buy 5 flavours, get 2 extras (Ginger Ale and Peach Tea) free - but they're out of stock on some of the important ones (like tonic). But the online website charges ~$25 delivery unless you spend over $150. Easy to do if you're buying a machine, but otherwise, makes it pricey :)

BUT - I actually managed to buy work clothes! Diana Ferrari have Buy 3 items get the cheapest free. Ergo I bought 3 work dresses and got one of the them free! (ok it was still in excess of $350-, but that's not bad for good stuff.)

Then I got bored and we came home :)

Advantage of sodastream is: No getting grumpy when craving a g&t and realise you're out of t :) Ditto for OJ & Lemonade, etc etc.

And you don't have to carry home all the heavy soda water bottles and wonder if you'll manage to drink an entire bottle before it actually goes flat....

Guest GoldCoastMag

We bought ours just recently at Big W as it was a better buy than online.

The syrup is available almost everywhere, even hardly normal.

I just got fed up lugging bottles up stairs, and thought the SS was worth trying. We havent got fed up of it yet.

The refillable bottles (not the gas) are worth getting more of, so you can have extra water chilling. They are also just 1 litre, so dont take long to use.

hope it helps

Archived