Calling parents of children who have made the move....

ali

Hi Mums and Dads,

I'm after a bit of help for the 'younger ones' section of the forum. Our children are often worried about the move - making friends etc. and probably need that little more reassurance than we do. As my daughter said when we made the move "you're making me leave my whole life behind" ... and when you think of it ... yes we were, everything that she knew and was familiar with was being left behind .... the thing is that now, she gives me a hug and says "i'm so glad i've had my teenage years here in Australia" .... Phew ... so Mum really did know best.

Anyway, what I would like to ask of you and/or your children is if you could post on a thread that i'm going to start on in the younger section called When I moved to Aus ....

I hope that this thread will be able to share their experiences about the move, what school was like, uniforms, things to do etc., which will be helpful to the young ones waiting to come over.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/younger-ones/139865-when-i-moved-australia.html#post1329248

Thanks for taking the time

Ali x

Archived