Does anyone how much money you need to migrate with to Melbourne???

PeterAndAbbie

I was never checked, but you will need a S***load when you get here when you see the cost of living, for a little suzuki S***box you will need to take out a mortgage and they will have probably have been around the clock twice...

To give an indication I got through over 15000 pounds in just over 12 months and that was not on nights out, or trips away, that money was settling in money!! car, rent etc.. I find it very expensive here, but if you can drink fuel and catch fish "you'll be right mate" even fridge drink cans are double the price and in some instances treble!! WTF is that all about??

Guest kianobeano

How do you know how much you "need" my migrant agent is really starting to bug me now !!!

i keep learning new things here, beginning to wonder wtf i'm payin her for !!!!!

.....sorry rant over !!!

We are required to have atleast $35k to migrate with. Does anyone know if they check up on what money we have, as we might struggle with this!

Hi Peter and Abbie, I guess your going over on the 176?? My husband and I were thinking about that but having the $27 we are required to have in the bank has put us off :mad: so were going for 175. I wonder if they do check though? I went over on a WHV in 05 and they said i had to have a certain amount of £'s in the bank on arrival but they never checked. I wonder if it is worth the risk though? It'll be interesting to see what others experiences are xxx

Our migration agent, told us that they had logged a visa for WA, and there client was told they need $35 at least! We're going yo struggle with this. Think we might have to take the risk. We have a house that were renting out as we won't make enough money to just sell it! We're with company called visa go! They have been brill and very quick! Logged acs on 24th jan this year found out today the skill assessment is fine.

I was never checked, but you will need a S***load when you get here when you see the cost of living, for a little suzuki S***box you will need to take out a mortgage and they will have probably have been around the clock twice...

To give an indication I got through over 15000 pounds in just over 12 months and that was not on nights out, or trips away, that money was settling in money!! car, rent etc.. I find it very expensive here, but if you can drink fuel and catch fish "you'll be right mate" even fridge drink cans are double the price and in some instances treble!! WTF is that all about??

Thanks for the info, it sounds pretty expensive but am sure the lifestyle will make up for it!! I think we will get together about 10 at a push that's after flights etc( hoping to get jobs before we go)!

Where abouts have you moved to?

Hi Peter and Abbie, I guess your going over on the 176?? My husband and I were thinking about that but having the $27 we are required to have in the bank has put us off :mad: so were going for 175. I wonder if they do check though? I went over on a WHV in 05 and they said i had to have a certain amount of £'s in the bank on arrival but they never checked. I wonder if it is worth the risk though? It'll be interesting to see what others experiences are xxx

Yes 176!! Ha we just want to go to oz so bad! They keep throwing these obsticals in the way! Hopefully if we get jobs before we go, it might go better in our favour. What's a 175 is it a permanent one? Think we're gonna save like mad and fingers crossed they don't check!

Thanks for the info, it sounds pretty expensive but am sure the lifestyle will make up for it!! I think we will get together about 10 at a push that's after flights etc( hoping to get jobs before we go)!

Where abouts have you moved to?

I am living on the Mid-North Coast near Coffs Harbour, great location none of that Sydney Bull**** for me!! Like I said though no one ever checked my finances although I did try waving in front of some immigration guy who questioned me on my 3rd time back into Australia about my intentions in being here, but he was not interested in my Bank statements.. as long as you are prepared for a bumpy ride here with finances you will be okay!! 1 weeks rent here in Oz is more here than 1 months rent back in the UK, so I do hope you have done your ground work and of course have good jobs lined up ....

Best of luck..

Yes 176!! Ha we just want to go to oz so bad! They keep throwing these obsticals in the way! Hopefully if we get jobs before we go, it might go better in our favour. What's a 175 is it a permanent one? Think we're gonna save like mad and fingers crossed they don't check!

Ha ha us too. I was hoping to go 176 but it was the cash thing that worried me. Yes 175 is but its pretty much the same without the 2 year commitment to the state. I wouldnt even mind the 2 year thing it was more the dollars. I have a job lined up but no visa, disaster. We will have £15k after flights, dogs, shipping ect. I do think it'd be a fingers crossed job. Do you have to declare on the application that you have the money in the bank at time of applying?

Well done with your skills assessment though, thats good news. :) x

Guest SupportPants

We had to show certified bank statements and make a statutory declaration that we had $35,000. You might get round it but if you don't it could lead to problems with your visa and any future ones. Can you think of a way to get round it?

We had to show certified bank statements and make a statutory declaration that we had $35,000. You might get round it but if you don't it could lead to problems with your visa and any future ones. Can you think of a way to get round it?[/quote

We will have stay in uk longer :(

Is there any way you can get the application changed over to a 175? You dont need to show statements or have a certain amount of money going on that visa i think xx

Guest SupportPants

I wouldn't try and change until you are asked. Or ask a migration agent whether you definitely will be asked for evidence? There is so much in Aussie immigration processes that isn't consistent -so there is a chance you can get through without it. An agent would be the best bet to check with.

I think that we will just have to save as much as we can. The application states that it's not how much you have now, just how much you have when you finally migrate. I think if we're short of the amount and have to prove what we've got we will just have to borrow the extra amount from family for a month or two, just so it shows up in our account. Ideally though we would like to have a fair bit anyway just in case. We just wasn't sure whther they actually check what you are bringing across and how.

Is there any way you can get the application changed over to a 175? You dont need to show statements or have a certain amount of money going on that visa i think xx

Where are you planning on going, are you going to Melbourne too? What job do you do. I ve just finished my nursing!

Where are you planning on going, are you going to Melbourne too? What job do you do. I ve just finished my nursing!

I am planning on putting in for the 175 in July when the changes come in. I was under the impression that with the 175 and 176 you needed at least 12 months experience in your chosen occupation which is why we were waiting. Under the July 2012 changes you dont need a years experience but it does give you an extra 5 points.

Aw I LOVE Melbourne but we are moving to Brisbane. I got offered a couple of jobs on the 475 but decided against it after looking into the visa.

Have you looked at any jobs? Are you a general nurse. There are lots to chose from, its crazy x

xxx

Archived