*WANTED - Friends/drinking pals Coffs Harbour Mid North Coast

Hi all living near Coffs Harbour area, been here 2 years with my partner she is Aussie, finding it difficult to find friends for meet ups etc.

The social gatherings seem very different here no friday 5 "o"clock drinking crews...

Please send a message anyone interested in meeting up, we make a mean daiquiri and great pork pie's and the odd scratching now and again, plus we don't mind travelling a little..

Karl & Alicia

Guest famousfive

I lived in Sawtell until the middle of last year and know Urunga well.British expats have a monthly bbq and get together at the jetty in Coffs which might be worth a visit.They usually advertise in the advocate,I think it might be the last sunday of the month...not certain.I never went myself,being Irish it wasn't really my scene,but met some poms in the area and they really were a nice crew.The Sawtell have bands most weekends which draws a decent crowd and they get busy around 5 on a friday for the friday evening swill.....the meat raffles are a big draw too.The Coast and The Coffs Hotel get busy on the friday too[the hotel is a bit rough and ready but improving].

Not much going on in Urunga as you know so no advice there.

How do ya like the area?Lovely soft weather lately,eh?All the best.

Love Urunga, it's a great place, just a pity about the weather the last few weeks although the sun is shining this morning, the surrounding area is nice not too, love to go and do a spot of fishing and swimming at Nambucca and we find Bellingen a fascinating little place, for a little place it does have everything you need, I think if I lived in Sydney or Brisbane I would have gone home within the first Month, at least Urunga is more comparable with back home, I used to live with rolling hills and valleys around me.. so for me I can live with this location for a while..

Guest famousfive

Have you had a look further along from Bellingen....up Dorrigo way.It is a different world up there,green lush farmland,rainforest and 12 national parks.Well worth a gander.North of Coffs near Emmerald and Sapphire beaches are also nice.Urunga is a lovely sleepy little spot within close range of Coffs etc...We loved Sawtell because we were right by the beach.Heading home in April though,great here for a while but home is beckoning.

Have you had a look further along from Bellingen....up Dorrigo way.It is a different world up there,green lush farmland,rainforest and 12 national parks.Well worth a gander.North of Coffs near Emmerald and Sapphire beaches are also nice.Urunga is a lovely sleepy little spot within close range of Coffs etc...We loved Sawtell because we were right by the beach.Heading home in April though,great here for a while but home is beckoning.
Yes wonderful country out that way and I occasionally go fishing at sawtell as there are some nice little spots there!! Home is also beckoning to me and I will be back hopefully sooner rather than later in the meantime I will just have to settle for flying back every 3 months for 2 weeks at a time.. "you can take the person out of Britain but not Great Britain out of the person" you gotta love Home..

Hi all living near Coffs Harbour area, been here 2 years with my partner she is Aussie, finding it difficult to find friends for meet ups etc.

The social gatherings seem very different here no friday 5 "o"clock drinking crews...

Please send a message anyone interested in meeting up, we make a mean daiquiri and great pork pie's and the odd scratching now and again, plus we don't mind travelling a little..

Karl & Alicia

Is there anyone out there? Is there anyone out there? Nanu Nanu, Mork calling Orson

I take it that we are the only people here Near Coffs Harbour? or is it the smell of my aftershave?

Still no replies maybe no one is out there has Armageddon finally come?

..._ _ _ ... SOS

Signing out for now....

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey hey,

My husband and I move to macksville in January 2013 so will definitely be needing some drinking/BBQ buddies if you guys are still in the vicinity?

Soph and Joe

Hey hey,

My husband and I move to macksville in January 2013 so will definitely be needing some drinking/BBQ buddies if you guys are still in the vicinity?

Soph and Joe

Hi Soph and Joe, sounds great let us know when you get in Oz, you will not be far from us at all as we are nearer to you than Coffs!

Karl and Alicia

• 3 months later...
Hey hey,

Soph and Joe

Black Country Lad and I would love to meet up sometime. I guess you're probably in the area by now. Hope the move went well. Send us a message and hopefully we can arrange a meet-up :)

Cheers Alicia and Karl :)

Archived