Socials in Point Cook

Tea4two

Hey guys

Just a quick question...we went to Point Cook during the week and we loved it. Love the housing you can get instead of a flat in the city and we are viewing some houses tomorrow to get an idea what they are like inside. My only worry ... apart from travelling in to the city by train, is the social aspect of it. Are there quite a few poms over that way? Do you have regular meet ups? How do those of you who live there find it?

Any help is much appreciated :) xx

I don't have children yet but that is the plan so would be nice to have friendly support there when I do :) And i'm a great babysitter :)

I'm loving Melbourne so far but will be much happier when we are settled over in Point Cook and both have work...living in a mini hotel room style studio can be a bit claustrophobic but fingers crossed soon :)

Are you living in Sanctuary Lakes? Do you prefer there or Alamanda?

Julie

yes we are.

I like both tbh. We settled in Sanctuary lakes because it is simply gorgeous and nice and quiet, but for my boys perspective think Alamanda would have been preferable to them.

We have good neighbours here and its not far to walk to the cafe on sanctuary lakes which is great, plus the new shopping centre

Guest MichelleNZ

Hiya, I'm not a Pom, but from NZ. I know you don't have kids yet, but I've met quite a few Mums from school who are all friendly and we meet up once a week or so for coffee etc. There also seems to be a friendly vibe out here with the cafe and restuarants in the Point Cook town centre etc, along with the cafes at Sanctuary Lakes shopping Centre, Alamanda Club and the Brook Bistro on Sneydes Road. I love living out here, it has a community feel to it. There are quite a few "things" you could get involved with if you wanted to - sporting clubs, crafty things etc held at the various community centres if you wanted to as well. My kids have just started Scouts and I was amazed at the amount of other stuff that you could be ivolved with at the community centre lol

I live in Alamanda at the moment and there's always people about, especially on the weekends. I love the look of Sanctuary Lakes, but I think it would be a bit to isolated for me in a way. There is also the newer area of Saltwater Coast which seems to have a similar feel to it as Alamanda, but is further away from amenities.

Archived