How much money is needed for a Skilled Migration Visa please

tiffanysamantha85

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are wanting to move to Melbourne within the next couple of years but was wondering how much money is needed to show what we have available to emigrate to Oz when we apply for his Skilled Migration Visa, as he is an electrician and I would go on his visa as his girlfriend of 5 years.

Many thanks

The visa itself is just under AUS$3000

Medicals are 300euro per person, 150 for child

VETASSESS ours cost 590AUS$

Courier over to VETASSESS 60euro

IELTS 160euro each

-probably leaving something out here...!

With regards to how much you need to have to get into Australia - well we wrote down what assets we had for example- house (ha its in negative equity), car, jewellery, savings etc

WEd no problems but they suggest 20-30,000AUS$ depends whether you have children or not.

HTHs

Guest VickyMel

You don't actually need to show DIAC that you have any back-up funds for the 175.

However, if you were to try for state sponsorship they will ask what funds you will have to support you as part of that application.

Thank you so much everyone.

We don't have children but we do have a lovely black labrador that we'll be bringing with us. We have been to the Down Under show in Birmingham and got quotes for him to travel etc.

We're currently putting money away for the visa, medical, etc so we can apply and have all this money upfront, so then we can just concentrate on the money to take with us - We currently rent but we do have a car so we'll be selling this for maybe £4/5k and furniture and bits in the house so hoping for at least £15,000 really. But would also like maybe 3 months rent so we can try and settle without stressing too much for a job asap.

Really looking forward to a lovely future :biggrin:

Archived