176 Visa cost question

Joanna82

Hello Hello!

maybe this is a silly question, when looking at the 176 fee schedule it says 1st installment $2,960, 2nd installment (Any dependants

(included in application) 18 years or over with less than functional English $4,110. ). And in the footnotes:

The second instalment of the Visa Application Charge:

• is payable only by some applicants who have already met most criteria for grant of a visa;

• is payable immediately before the grant of a visa; and

where the second instalment of the Visa Application Charge relates to English language proficiency, the charge will apply only to those dependants included

in the application who have been assessed as having less than a functional level of English.

My question is, applying as a couple, both with functional English, how much do I pay? Do I understand this correctly, I pay 2960+4110 for the both of us, same as for an individual application? And if I had a partner with "less than a functional level of English" the charge would be 2960+2(4110)?

Thanks for your input :)

Guest Rebecca78

Hello!!

We only paid the 1st installment because we have functional English i.e. we wouldn't need any English language lessons when we arrived which is what the 2nd installment is mainly for. You will only pay the $2960 for your 1 joint application. :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

I have one more question and didn't want to start a new thread. When applying with a secondary applicant, can the visa be granted for just one of the two applicants, for instance if one fails the medicals, character requirements...? Or is it pass and fail together? Not that I think this will happen, just covering all bases I guess.

Hello Hello!

maybe this is a silly question, when looking at the 176 fee schedule it says 1st installment $2,960, 2nd installment (Any dependants

(included in application) 18 years or over with less than functional English $4,110. ). And in the footnotes:

The second instalment of the Visa Application Charge:

• is payable only by some applicants who have already met most criteria for grant of a visa;

• is payable immediately before the grant of a visa; and

where the second instalment of the Visa Application Charge relates to English language proficiency, the charge will apply only to those dependants included

in the application who have been assessed as having less than a functional level of English.

My question is, applying as a couple, both with functional English, how much do I pay? Do I understand this correctly, I pay 2960+4110 for the both of us, same as for an individual application? And if I had a partner with "less than a functional level of English" the charge would be 2960+2(4110)?

Thanks for your input :)

Hiya

Rebecca is right about the fee. To give you some idea of costs we have spent about £3300 so far on skills assessment, IELTS, , visa application, medicals and police checks. We are doing it without an agent.

Emma

Archived