Getting home sick

AaronS

Have houses always been s cheap in the USA compared to Aus or is it due to the housing market crash?

The crash is part of it but Austin and the surrounding area wasn't really hit as hard. Before the crash that house was probably in the $200K range....so yes, houses are that much less in the USA in general.

maybe i should have moved to the states!

:biggrin:

Haha...I'm starting to wonder why we left! Politics there is horrid though...bickering from both sides...makes it hard to know what's really the right to support. Plus, the entire country isn't in that great of shape. Texas has the strongest economy of any state and Austin is in the top 5 best city economies in the country. It's pretty much the diamond of the country.

Well Austin could have been good as Dell HQ are there and I use to work on the Dell account! I am only joking things die to the politics would have been hard!

That's who my wife works for...and I worked for a partner company to them....doing supply chain logistics and inventory management to the tune of 2+ million units a month and working directly with their senior sales team to support THEIR customers...but I'm just not good enough for anyone here. :no:

my husband worked for a freight forwarder and he was managing a small company and now he is being told he "doesn't have local experience" or he doesn't know how to use a specific software etc so very frustrating! I have just had an idea while talking to my old companies Hong Kong office does AsiaPac Dell maybe I can try them they can say no!

Dear lord the specific software thing is the biggest thorn in my side! In my field everybody wants you to have SAP experience....well, most of the MRP/ERP softwares are the same...just minor navigation differences. Losing out on a good person for something so minor is really asinine in my opinion. Good luck....it's proved to be just to frustrating for us.

Dear lord the specific software thing is the biggest thorn in my side! In my field everybody wants you to have SAP experience....well, most of the MRP/ERP softwares are the same...just minor navigation differences. Losing out on a good person for something so minor is really asinine in my opinion. Good luck....it's proved to be just to frustrating for us.

thanks

Although, I have to admit our plan is a really nice one for me....we'll be here for another year at a minimum and I won't be working....I'll be taking care of the kiddos....i.e. hanging out at the beach and taking them to do stuff. There are much worse options.

Guest guest59177

I have a hunch that the specific software requirements would be dropped if you could show Australian work experience...

I have a hunch that the specific software requirements would be dropped if you could show Australian work experience...

Oddly enough in my case not having Australian experience has never been brought up....it's the software specific thing that keeps rearing it's head. Maybe because I do have listed that I have managed end user fulfillment into Australia? Either way, I'm not sweating it any longer......we've got a plan and will stick to it and enjoy every minute of being here until we go.

Guest guest59177
Oddly enough in my case not having Australian experience has never been brought up....it's the software specific thing that keeps rearing it's head. Maybe because I do have listed that I have managed end user fulfillment into Australia? Either way, I'm not sweating it any longer......we've got a plan and will stick to it and enjoy every minute of being here until we go.

They won't say it outright, the specific software thing could be a euphemism. Try reading up on the software that is coming up commonly in the adverts so you can at least show some bookish knowledge about it.

Archived