Entering just before PR expiry - anyone done this?

basil

Our visa is valid until 2014, our plan was to move by end of 2012 at the latest so that come 2014 we would be eligible for a RRV.

Currently OH has slightly cold feet, driven by the exchange rate.....it would mean a significant change to our original plan (in terms of jobs, location, house purchase etc) if we went currently. I think ultimately he'll adjust to that as I don't see him giving up on our visa if the exchange rate doesn't improve by 2014.

Has anyone else entered at the end of their visa validity? other than not being elgible for RRV, any other issues? My concern really is the RRV and if we had a family member pass or jobs that required overseas travel.

We'll also be moving with less than 2 years left on our visa so have looked into this too.

If you are not eligible for the 5 year RRV there is also a 3 month RRV which is issued for "compelling and compassionate" purposes only. A family member passing seems to fit that description. A job that required overseas travel doesn't seem to fit the bill however.

Archived