UK Life insurance and critical illness policies question

kirra

Hi

We currently still pay into and keep our UK created life insurance and critical illness plans. The plan is to keep paying the UK plans until we both get jobs in Australia and know what our employers offer us...then stop the UK plans and fully sign up to Australian ones

Does anyone know if the UK plans are still valid for us if we are now not resident in the UK? So we are still keeping up with the payments, but, residency status wise we now reside in Australia?

Im so worried something is going to happen to one of us in the next few mths and due to a legal loop hole we will be screwed and not covered

Just curious if anyone has looked into this (before I really dig into the paperwork)

Hi

We currently still pay into and keep our UK created life insurance and critical illness plans. The plan is to keep paying the UK plans until we both get jobs in Australia and know what our employers offer us...then stop the UK plans and fully sign up to Australian ones

Does anyone know if the UK plans are still valid for us if we are now not resident in the UK? So we are still keeping up with the payments, but, residency status wise we now reside in Australia?

Im so worried something is going to happen to one of us in the next few mths and due to a legal loop hole we will be screwed and not covered

Just curious if anyone has looked into this (before I really dig into the paperwork)

as others have answered - speak to them, but make sure they put it in writing.......i took out a policy with moving in mind......sales guy said yes covered not a problem...but then look at ALL small print as said not covered outside europe. Then rang them back and asked to speak to the sales guy, and when confronted, he said ohh umm looks like they have change that facility, and it would not be valid in auz....end result i am trying to get a refund back via FSA action for mis selling.

Archived