Help Needed For Info on Subclass 119 Visa

Guest Steve the legend

Guest Steve the legend

Hi all, just wondering can anyone give me some info, I attended a seminar last February and got all the usual we can have you in oz in 3 months, so I decided to travel out a week or so later to Canberra as I was told immigration had relaxed its laws in ACT. Whilst I was there I completed my AQF 111 in plastering. I also spoke with a number of building contractors and got sponsored by a plastering contractor (happy days). The visa we are applying for is subclass 119. I am using the visa agent that was at the seminar and sent all relevant paper work to visa agent. I got confirmation back on 21st July to say application had been lodged, my agent then told us to go for police checks and medicals which were completed by August 10th. We then heard nothing until December 9th when case officer asked for statutory declarations proving our relationship and UK police check for my partner as she lived both in north and south of Ireland which we done and emailed 20th December. Also case officer asked to send originals which he received 16th January. My big question is why has this taken so long as i believe that this visa is priority 1 and can anyone tell me how long more this may take, very frustrated

Thanks all.

Guest Steve the legend

No my wires are definately not crossed, the visa we are going for is a subclass 119 visa and I am definately being sponsored by an employer. I don't think you read my message properly.

Guest Steve the legend

Hi James, once again checked emails but still no word. I understand about being pro-active but we our using visa agent who told us its not good idea to be asking case officer to many times.

Our agent only spoke with him once and apart from saying he was out of the office until yesterday he did not give us any info. Oh yeah I forgot to say in my first post that my sponors nomanation was approved 20th of December. I have not seen any one on this site who moved to Oz on subclass 119 but if ther is please let me know. Thanks again all

fingers crossed Stephen

Guest koen8584

hey steve, we are in an exact the same case. also the dates are matching, also movingto canberra and having a CO since december. No word yet. keep me posted!

Guest Steve the legend

Hi Keon, I don't think your allowed to say who your agent is, but is there any way of you getting an email address or number to me, as we could chat and keep in touch as we will be both in

Canberra, we contacted our case officer directly last thursday which was friday morning ozzy time, luckly case officer replied to say we would have an out come this week. I have the bag packed as I am ready to roll and job waiting hope this helps. steve

Archived