Meds in London?

Guest JulianP

Guest JulianP

Hi all,

We have just been contacted by our CO (yippeeeeee) requesting our Medical clearance. Anyone done their Meds in London? Can you recommend a doctor, how much will it cost and how long does it take for results to be returned???

cheers

Julian

Guest JulianP
Take the hour or so journey out of London and go to the Maidenhead Bridge clinic imho - its cheaper than London (or it was when we had ours done last year), they are lovely, Maidenhead is very pretty (ok I'm biased, its where I grew up lol), and everyone gives them the thumbs up.

HTH

thanx, that gives me another option to consider! I have heard that London would be more expensive that other cities (surprise, surprise!!!). How much did you pay and how long did it take to get results??

thanx, that gives me another option to consider! I have heard that London would be more expensive that other cities (surprise, surprise!!!). How much did you pay and how long did it take to get results??

You will need to contact the clinics yourself, because pricing depends on a couple of factors (and may well have gone up since we had ours done in Aug). There aren't a huge amount of them tbh, so it doesn't take long to give them a bell. The Maidenhead one was cheaper than Brum as well, so not just London thats mega expensive lol (although that was one of the main reasons we escaped the city 18 months ago to move up here to be fair...). The results took about a week I think to be uploaded - we were just waiting for them to be received as the last part of our application, and then we were granted. Something stupid like 3 weeks all in I think, 176's were moving stupidly fast back then.

I had mine done at Knightbridge Doctors they were good, gave an appt within a week. The meds cost £310 for me but I had med plus chest x-ray HIV Hep B and Hep C tests

They didn't upload the result for five days but once I complained it was done within a few hours and meds were finilased within 3 days of that. Visa granted the next day so they were good.

I thought that there was only a £20 difference in price at Maidenhead and if you take into account the petrol to get there and back you would be paying the same.

Good luck with whoever you choose

Lisa

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Another vote for the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead. Cheaper than Harley St (£200) and probably easier to get to from West London where I live. Everyone was so friendly and set in an imposing house set back from the road.

I think their blood test results come through on Weds, the other stuff (x-rays etc) goes direct to Adelaide, I beleive.

All I know, it was less than a week from the medical to visa grant.

Guest JulianP
I had mine done at Knightbridge Doctors they were good, gave an appt within a week. The meds cost £310 for me but I had med plus chest x-ray HIV Hep B and Hep C tests

They didn't upload the result for five days but once I complained it was done within a few hours and meds were finilased within 3 days of that. Visa granted the next day so they were good.

I thought that there was only a £20 difference in price at Maidenhead and if you take into account the petrol to get there and back you would be paying the same.

Good luck with whoever you choose

Lisa

Thanx Lisa,

Is that what I should ask for when applying for my meds?? Should I request meds plus chest x rays, hiv, Hep B and Hep c tests??? And was that £310 per person?

I think you only have to do the extra tests if you work in a profession where you provide personal care of some kind, be that Nursing or Residential Care, something like that.

I don't think you get to choose - the doctor makes the assessment for you. It was a close call for me as I nominated 'Welfare Worker' on my form, but as my work is mainly administrative and not hands on, I got away with just the HIV blood test, which everyone must do - but I was questioned closely about my role.

You may also have to do extra blood tests if you got loads of tattoos! I have two, which was cool.

Guest JulianP

Strick,

So what you're saying is that I should make an appointment to have a medical for immigration and my doc will decide how in depth that test will be carried out???

Actually, it was the medical receptionist who quizzed me about my job when I phoned to make the appt.

I think if the doctor makes a snap decision during your medical that you need the extra tests they will just go ahead and do them right away. It's not like the NHS, they're not exactly rushed off their feet. This is what happens to the people who present with 'too many' tattoos. The doctor won't know until he's examined you.

Thanx Lisa,

Is that what I should ask for when applying for my meds?? Should I request meds plus chest x rays, hiv, Hep B and Hep c tests??? And was that £310 per person?

If you lodged your visa online you can download your referral letter which will state excatly what tests are required.

I'm a midwife so needed the extra bloods, so I would check if I were you before booking

Good luck

Guest Bazinga

We had our meds done at the knightsbridge doctors west end branch yesterday. I was very impressed actually it was quick and they were very good with my 6yr old. If you have ever tried to get a wee sample from a giggling 6yr old boy you'll know you need gloves!

Archived