Partner Visa 2nd stage (Onshore)- docs sent - let the wait begin!

Qflyer

Guest Naddy

okay really freaking out now, looking at our stsat decs they do reuire evidence, for soical aspects i dont khave anything since we had our daughter we tend to just go camping or go to friends for duinner or pinics ahhrrrrrr no photos nothing, oh someone tagged us in a photo on fb at a babys 1st birthday, my fam are over at mo so i supose could get some ophotos then but yes i have nothing can it just be recent stuff or stuff for over the last 2 years dear, i was told you wouldnt need evidence so didnt think we would !! ahhrrr

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Naddy

its ok i can relax a little, i have a party invitation for the 3 of us to go to, and photos from when we weent on holiday to uk in dec 2010 and we did a lil travel to paris and ireland, and have photoss of us with my fam when they came over in august 2011, and some tagged photos of us when we went camping with friends in oct 2010 and i have one of the three of us at a dam for new years and also im going to try and get my husbands siter to send the confirmation letter of our flights to tassie in jane 2012 , and also have photos from when we went to queensland oct 20120 but have lost our flight confirmation letter : (

Naddy, I didn't think the stat decs needed to be backed up with separate evidence. If they did, DIAC would have asked for evidence separately. You just need to describe the various aspects of the relationship in your statement. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

Guest Naddy

i think it is a new stat dec form, it is devided in to deifferent sections and your write in the correct spaces,

section 7. ' Describe the social aspects of your relationship including social activities, attending special events or joint travel you and your partner undertake. (please provideevidence of this commitment) '

Guest Naddy

yup im still freaking out as my printer doesnt work so cant quickly print off photos from fb, also the old email account i had which ihas flight confirmations for our variuos travles has shut down and wouldnt let me on at all!!

oh well i shall just write along side a cover letter xplaining about my account etc etc

Guest Naddy

thanks RockDr i dont think it is as much evidence needed for last time but there is still evidence lol, i suppose our daughter is evidence in herself!and since we have had her we dont go out out , we just go to friends houses for meals and bbqs and them to us and you dont really take photos of that. and camping and to the beach but again i only really take photos of scenery and my daughter now lol so ill just have to explain that fingers crossed!!! ahhrrr

Guest GeorgeD
i think it is a new stat dec form, it is devided in to deifferent sections and your write in the correct spaces,

section 7. ' Describe the social aspects of your relationship including social activities, attending special events or joint travel you and your partner undertake. (please provideevidence of this commitment) '

Here's what Section 7 on my form (received 2 weeks ago) says:

Describe the social aspects of your relationship including social activities, attending special

events or joint travel you and your partner undertake.

No mention of evidence! There's no Form number, the document is just entitled Statutory Declaration - Partner Visa (Applicant)

Thanks Nadine. :)

If your stat dec is the same as ours, you won't need to send anything unless you are specifically asked to do so.

Naddy, I didn't think the stat decs needed to be backed up with separate evidence. If they did, DIAC would have asked for evidence separately. You just need to describe the various aspects of the relationship in your statement. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

That was our interpretation of it too. I did ask for confirmation when I rang them last year and was told that that was all that was needed, however, our case officer would let us know if she needed anything else from us.

Guest Naddy

i know : ( it just that it does say it on the actual question stat dec thing, but on the checklist it is not specifically asking for evidence.

here we go this is what the checlist end page looks like.

1. statutory declarations

- Applicant

-Dependent/s

2. TWO(2)statutory Declarations- form 888

- form 888 - evidence of delararant's citizenship or permanent residence

- form 888 - evidence of declarants' citizenship or permanent residence

3. Copies of documentation to support changes since the lodgement of your application that may effect your assessment.

-evidence enclosed (i'll send my daughters birth cert)

4. original police certificate police certificate from the Australian Ferderal Police(afp)

-applicant

-dependent/s

-sponsor

5. original overseas penal certificate for any country which you have resided cumatlatively for 12 months or more since the grant of the tempoary partner visa

-applicant

-dependant/s

-sponser

6. achnowledge ment card-completed with your name and address

-

- completed and enclosed

7. certified copy of personal details pages(including page with signature) of your most recent passport held for each appliacnt included in the application

-applicant

-dependent

8. certified copy of personal detials pages(include page with signature) of the sponsors most recent passort held or an Australian drivers licence from any state or territory of Australia

-sponor

:arghh: so should i just ring and confirm in the morning? also i have not sent off for a police certificate for my husband and it says so there do i need to ?:arghh:

It looks like we received the same paperwork as you did, Nadine. I'm not sure re. the police certificate for your husband; my husband wasn't asked to provide a police certificate but then again we don't have any dependant children living with us except our cats and as the DIAC don't count cats I only had to obtain a certificate from the AFP for me.

Best of luck :hug:

Guest Naddy

thanks you happy lass, i shall ring them in the morning, if i do have to do a police check for him will have to send off tomoz or monday it wont get back intime so i will just have to send off my application letter with a covering letter saying still waiting on his police check : ( im still waiting for mine hope it comes back soon have to have my aplication iin a week on monday : ( thankyou ahrr the csae officer who granted my temp visa in perth told me this bit wouldnt be hard !!!

Guest Naddy

hi all rang immi was adviced to send evidence to make case stronger, as for police check for soponsor its only really needed if their is a child under 18 included in the application to phew dont need to do that.

so am going to print off photos from fb and any on my camera that i can find that may help , and send a covering letter explaining that our plane ticket confirmation emails i cannot acees as my old email account was closed down and can not acess them. ahhrrr oh and a few chrissy cards and congratulations cards when oppy was born to,

for financial, i have joint banmk account statements, phjone and power bills in our name and hbf cover in our name.

and sending in a copy of my daughters birth cert and the police check when it arrives wish me luck ahhrrrr

Guest Naddy

my application has to be returned to melbourne office by next tuesday ( under a week) but my police check still hasn't arrived :arghh:. Shall i just send the paper work off tomoz at the latest with a covering letter explaining i'm still awaiting on my police check but will forward it on when i get it ?

also coloured copies of documents do not need to be certified do they?

any advice encouragement be great

Guest GeorgeD
my application has to be returned to melbourne office by next tuesday ( under a week) but my police check still hasn't arrived :arghh:. Shall i just send the paper work off tomoz at the latest with a covering letter explaining i'm still awaiting on my police check but will forward it on when i get it ?

also coloured copies of documents do not need to be certified do they?

any advice encouragement be great

Email them and ask for an extension...I've got 12 days to get mine in and still no AFP PCC back yet. They've already given me an extension as the paperwork was sent to an old address.

Guest Naddy

thank you both very much, very helpful information, oh george hang on in there i will ring immi in am to see what they can do for me thank you so very much :notworthy: : )

Guest Naddy

now i have filled in my husbands forms ( he's the sponsor) but has a lot of difficulty with reading and writing i have filled all his other forms out in the previous 2 applications but i think i sent a covering letter expelling that i had helped him or wrote it for him , actually oi think there was a declaration part on the form asking if he had any help which we declared but nothing on these forms so shall i write a covering letter or i dunoo ahhhrrr how shall i word it?

Guest GeorgeD

I wouldn't bother with a covering letter...the person witnessing his signature is basically confirming that your husband has signed the declarion in front of them to say it is his declaration. I don't think it matters whose handwriting was used...if you typed it, would you say who used the keyboard??

I got my PCC back yesterday. I sent off for it on or around the 28th March. Given teh Easter holidays, that's 13 working days it took to come back. I paid by Money Order as I don't have a cheque book.

Guest Naddy

hey georged thanks for that info yes you it makes .

air great you can send off your application now, good luck : ) yes i think mine got held up with easter hold : (

keep us updated : )

Guest Naddy

just rang immi apparently i have until 4th May , i confirmed that the email clearly states 28 days from when i i received email.

Was told that they had already sent request (via post i think) which would have been to a wrong address because just recently had to confirm my correct one :arghh:

so the new email saying 28 days is because of the last request so she is giving me til 4th May so will sent my documents in asap when i get the police check hurry up.

I will now get worried about what if she doesn't change it in the system and then i miss my deadline ahhrrrr

Guest GeorgeD

I've just posted my application this afternoon now...I hope it gets there in time! They gave me until the 31st April to respond...yes, I now remember April only has 30 days, but they told me I had until the 31st!

Applicant's Stat Dec

Sponsor's Stat Dec

Applicant's Passport (Certified)

Sponsor's Passport (new Australia Passport now she is a Citizen rather than PR)

Applicant's Original Police Clearance Certificate

Archived