Partner Visa 2nd stage (Onshore)- docs sent - let the wait begin!

Qflyer

Hi all,

Hope you still remember me.

The paperwork for the 2nd stage of my Partner Visa application arrived in the mail on the 9th of Jan, almost 2 months prior to my eligibility date for PR.

As has been noted here a couple of times, the 2nd stage is relatively straightforward compared to the first stage. All I had to include were:

- Stat decs for both myself and partner

- Contact details of 2 nominees who are aware of our relationship

- Photocopy of my passport (details page and page that includes signature)

- Photocopy of my partner's passport (or driver's licence from any Australian state or territory)

- AFP clearance for myself

- And police clearance if you've been to any country for more than 12 months cumulatively since grant of the SC 820

- Form 80 (thank goodness I kept of photocopy of the last time I had to do this - sure made life easier, all I had to do was copy and update as necessary)

And that's about it! We weren't asked to provide evidence along with the stat decs - in fact they were quite clear about all documents having to fit into the A4 sized envelope supplied.

I don't expect to hear anything until at least 90 days after my eligibility date, as stated on one of the documents (though I note that the website says to wait 6-8 months). So in for a long wait... Suppose it's no big deal as I've already got all the bells and whistles like work, Medicare, travel etc on my existing visa, but I just want it all to be over haha!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck! I got stung, having received my paperwork back in November - they said AFP check only needed for those who have been in Oz over 12 months so I didn't include it.

Due to the 6 months period they are quoting to process these at the moment, by that time I will have been here over 12 months, so I got a letter this week requesting my AFP check - bit of a pain that I have to do it separately but when I phoned up to query it they basically said, look, it's not going to cause a delay, it will take 6 months from your eligibility date, regardless of when you send your documents.

Hopefully should have the AFP check back by mid Feb and get it straight off to them and then at least I will have done everything I need to - thought it had been too simple so far, turns out I was right.....

Good luck and let us know when you get granted...

• Like 1

Apparently they are much more thorough in the checks they do than for stage 2. All good things come to those who wait.

Indeed. Not too worried as I've been lucky enough to land a job I love and the employer doesn't seem to care about the provisional visa status - the HR person said that so long as it shows up as 'no work restrictions' on VEVO I'm fine. The only small worry I had was travelling whilst waiting for grant (we have annual leave planned over the Easter break which is about 3 weeks after my eligibility date) but was assured that a simple email to DIAC notifying of planned absences will suffice.

Strange that they do more thorough checks for stage 2. I understand the logic, but because the docs I sent in for stage 2 felt incomplete and anemic compared to the massive box of stuff for stage 1, I'm beginning to think that I've missed something vital somewhere or misread the instructions given that this is the more crucial step in the process... or perhaps I'm just a natural worrier. :P

Anyway can't wait for it to be all done and dusted as I'm so over all this paperwork. After a few student visas (did high school followed by uni and Honours here which required yet another visa) and the 2 stage partner visa process I'd be glad at not doing immigration-related paperwork for a while! At least not till citizenship in a year's time from grant....:D

• 1 month later...

So i did my thrice daily check of VEVO (I'm not OCD I swear... oh, no...) - I see that my subclass 801 visa has been granted earlier today! Officially a Permanent Resident of Australia!! :D

Will come back in a year's time to bother you all when I start stressing about citizenship. ;)

Edited by Qflyer
  • Like 1

Congratulations Qflyer; that was fast indeed! :) Did you also receive a letter in the post?

I returned my paperwork at about the same time as Wellieboots so it looks like they are taking a minimum of 6 months to process the second stage subclass 309 - 100 visas at the moment.

No letter yet - I'd only knew of the grant on VEVO. No email either. It was granted on Friday the 23rd according to VEVO so the letter should follow about a week or 2 later. Mind you - there was a month's gap between the actual grant of my 820 and actually receiving the letter in the post. They'd sent by registered post and I was never notifed by Australia Post when it'd arrived; I found out the letter was waiting for me at the post office when I received the 'final notice' reminder slip!

Guest Naddy

great thread guys am am waiting my temp spouse visa is up in June 2012 so am waiting for the forms to be sent to me, again hope the grant doesnt take to long want to go back to uk for xmas we are taking our little bubba back to uk for the first time : ) she's ozzie citizen by birth and dad is ozzie .

Just hope they send tthe forms to the right address i just had to change it as they had the wrong one only by chance that i rang up to change my email address. !!

Guest phillis28

Hi Qflyer (congratulations on your PR :)) and anyone else who can help! I got my second stage documents in January and sent them off on the 17th February and got the acknowledgement slip on the 24th February. My eligibility date is 15th April, so 4 weeks and counting until it is looked at. My questions is surrounding the Form 80. When I applied for the 820 (I was in Australia at the time) I filled the form 80. For the second stage paperwork, they only asked for the following:

Stat Dec applicant

Stat Dec sponsor

Police Certificate

Additional information form

Copies of mine and my partner's passport

They did not ask for the form 80. On the detailed information sheet the point where I have seen them ask for the form 80 had been deleted, I am thinking that because I applied for the first stage in Australia, maybe they don't need it again and they sent the additional information instead (this asked my travel dates/my details/partner's details etc). DIAC also did not ask for any evidence of our relationship and I have noticed that some people were asked for it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I, like Qflyer am just thinking the paperwork looked aneamic to the book I sent for first stage and am worries that I have missed something?

There seem to be slight variations in the 2nd stage as to what people get asked to send in. If they didn't ask for something then the general consensus is that there's no need to send it in. I was stressing over whether I should at least send evidence for the stuff we wrote in our stat decs, as some have reported being asked for evidence when they received the 2nd stage docs, but in our case we weren't asked for evidence at all so I figured if they wanted proof they'd ask for it later on.

Edited by Qflyer

I had similar qualms when I got my letter. :) I did ring up to check and was told only to send what was asked for and that they would ask for more only if they felt it was needed. We sent extra anyway but only because I worry endlessly about this sort of thing and thought that more was better than less.

Hi guys.

What does the part 2 of the partner visa app entail?

Me and the mrs (she's australian) got married in october and the visa app was handed in (subclass 820), in Jan 2012. Everything has been handed in as far as i know and the initial application included permanent residency. Just waiting to hear if it's been approved. Hoping it's soon as i'm struggling to find work (Anywhere from Sydney to Newcastle) without having permanent residency.

I was told it would take about 12 months to approve the partner visa, whereas everone else seems to be getting the initial visa granted within 3-4 months.

After it's been granted for a a temp resident, isn't it just a case of waiting the 2 year duration from application to be granted residency or is the nightmare of paperwork about to begin all over again?

Thom

Guest Naddy

hey Happy lass I remember you when i first started all this immi with my pmv i think it was back in 2009 i was under the name nadjez then . What extra stuff did you send in with your 2nd stage forms

Nadine

hey Happy lass I remember you when i first started all this immi with my pmv i think it was back in 2009 i was under the name nadjez then . What extra stuff did you send in with your 2nd stage forms

Nadine

Ooh hello there and huge congratulations on your marriage and on becoming a Mum :hug: It's lovely to see you on the forum again. I just sent a few extra identity bits such as another certified copy of our marriage certificate, birth certificates and, if I recall correctly, some official mail with our address on. None of which was asked for and all of which we had sent when we initially applied in 2009. :)

Thom1980,

I was asked to provide the same things as Qflyer. The wait will vary according to whether your application is straight-forward, where you are when you apply, what visa you are applying for, and which office you apply to. I hope you don't have to wait the full 12 months for your visa and wish you both the best of luck with it all. :)

Guest Naddy

the police check i need to do is that the one that i can grab the form from the post office or download from the net?

and the copy of ur passport or drivers licence can't remember which one they want but as long as it has the photograph does not need to be certified does it?

Edited by Naddy

the police check i need to do is that the one that i can grab the form from the post office or download from the net?

and the copy of ur passport or drivers licence can't remember which one they want but as long as it has the photograph does not need to be certified does it?

The police check is the one that you grab the form online, you'll need a money order, post office can sort that out.

I assume the usual document rules apply: if you're uploading documents online/emailing them, a colour scan is fine. if paper, then the important documents will need certified.

Guest phillis28

Thanks everyone, your replies were super helpful :biggrin:It seems I got my second stage docs really early (3 months before eligibility date). Hopefully the visa is really quick too!

Guest Naddy

ok just check my email today , immi sent an email 2 days ago requesting

- STAT DEC FROM ME

-STAT DEC FROM MY HUSBAND

- 2 FORM 888 TO BE COMPLETED

EVIDENCE OF CHANGE SINCE LAST APPLICATION( SO WILL SEND CERTIFIED COPY OF MY DAUGHTERS BIRTH CERT IN)

-AFP CHECK

- ACHKNOWLEDGE MENT CARD

- CERTIFIED COPY OF MY PASSPRT ETC

- CRT COPYS OF MY HUSBANDS PASSPORT

I now have 26 days to get this back to them so my computer is stuffed (printer) sop am now going to libary to print everything off, go to the post office send off my afp check hopefully that comes back before the 26 days, and in the mean time fill out the other things ready for the afps arrival.

no menttion of form 80 i have agot a copy from lmy last application but it takes so long to fill in. shall i just send in what they asked for. If they do require me to do one tjhey will ask and im not going anywhere as long as im wiht my husband and daughter im not in a rush : ). if i was england and he was here that would be a different story well i did front load everything and sent in heaps of eveidence to be absolutely shore.

Nadine

Edited by Naddy

As everyone seems to be asked for slightly different things, presumably to the specification of their individual case based on what DIAC know of you from stage 1, I suggest you simply send in whatever they've requested. I'd have been over to moon at not having to fill in Form 80 all over again! :)

Edited by Qflyer

Guest nick2704

As a long term planner, I had been preparing for my stage 1 application for partner visa (off shore, 309) for a good 18 months. I submitted it a few weeks ago, and since I got my medicals done yesteday my mind was already planning ahead to what we would need two years down the line. I had read somewhere on here that they needed the same if not more info in stage 2 than in stage 1, but seeing this post from you and hearing what you guys have been asked for is fantastic! I can relax a bit about information gathering now over the next few yrs!

Thanks!!

I checked my e-mail a couple of hours ago to find a very nice letter attached to a message from a lady at DIAC Brisbane who was kind enough to e-mail me on a Saturday that said my subclass 100 visa has been granted! I am now a permanent resident of Australia and very, very happy to be so. :)