Singapore airline excess baggage

Guest marchatfield

Guest marchatfield

Hi There,

I have booked my flights with Singapore airlines and am trying to find a way to book some excess baggage allowance. I'm on a 457 visa so not entitled to the free 20kg and was wondering if anyone had managed to get some??

Thanks in advance, Marc.

Guest marchatfield

just rang and spoke to them, gave me an extra 5kg because i had a 1 way ticket and said i would have to pay the $60us extra per kilo for any more

just rang and spoke to them, gave me an extra 5kg because i had a 1 way ticket and said i would have to pay the $60us extra per kilo for any more

Cool. I'll be trying this on tomorow :-)

Guest marchatfield

I thought I would just update you as to what went on. I checked in with Singapore airlines and despite being 5kg over the extra amount nothing was charged, result. The check in girl asked if I was migrating, I said yes and told her it was a temp resident visa so maybe she got me confused with perm resident and let me off?? Who knows........

My sister in law works for Qantas on check in. she told me that as a general rule of thumb, they let up to 5 kilos over through without charging for excess baggage.

We've flown Qantas and hubby had to unpack some stuff as he was a couple of kilos over and they wanted to charge him.

We've flown Qantas and hubby had to unpack some stuff as he was a couple of kilos over and they wanted to charge him.

Was that domestic or international? My S-i-L works in international so they may be more lenient. Also, if they are a newbie they may be less flexible....

Was that domestic or international? My S-i-L works in international so they may be more lenient. Also, if they are a newbie they may be less flexible....

International and doubt they were new. Tbh I've found Qantas the least lenient airline to fly long haul between Aus and uk. They are the only airline ever made us check a pushchair with our baggage also. All the others let us keep it to the gate and then in cabin to have for stopover.

Archived