Question for Carpenters

kimsdu

Hey all my OH will hopefully be doing his Vetasses assessment on April 28th for carpentry in London. What tools does he need to take with him?

We will be driving from Cornwall so dont really want to take his Gas guzzling van which has all his tools in but instead my car...

Does he just need his hand tools etc.

If anyone has been through this and can give me the answer that would be great!

Also are they still doing the Hip end roof for the skills test or have they changed it recently? would be good to get a heads up.

Thanks

When I did the Joinery assessment I took my hand tools ie bevels, squares, marking gauge, chisels, hammer, nailbag, couple of hand saws, mallet, tape, rule etc. The power tools were supplied ie circular saw and electric planer.

From what I can remember if there was anything you needed and didnt have then you could use the tools that were at the in the College workshop.

Good luck, its nothing to stress about and you'll pass it no bother. Just keep cool and read over the tasks .

When I did the Joinery assessment I took my hand tools ie bevels, squares, marking gauge, chisels, hammer, nailbag, couple of hand saws, mallet, tape, rule etc. The power tools were supplied ie circular saw and electric planer.

From what I can remember if there was anything you needed and didnt have then you could use the tools that were at the in the College workshop.

Good luck, its nothing to stress about and you'll pass it no bother. Just keep cool and read over the tasks .

Thanks alot for the reply...

I had my assessment last April in Preston, I travelled up the night before so I wouldn’t be stressed the next day. I took just my hand tools like “theonlyangus” we didn’t use any powertools. We did a scaled down roof and stud wall and had multi choice questions to answer.

Not sure if it has changed any.

Just chillout and take your time and good luck.:wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kezza123

Has anyone submitted there trade set to the university of Victoria? I heard that they do interviews via skype? Does anyone know about this and the costs involved

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Archived