Vetassess ...HELP

pauline

My OH has had email from trade asses stating all the supporting documents require certifying. We have copied all this info again (approx 50 pages) to get our policeman certifyer to fill in.

I have typed out the statement ( i certify etc etc " on the back of all the documents leaving blanks for him to fill in his details ie name address, occupation rank signature etc.

Do you think this is ok as i was just trying to assist him by printing it instead of him writing " I certify this document etc etc" on all 50 sheets.

Also i asked vetassess about the IELTS test and they advised this isnt part of what they require to assess. Does anyone know if my OH needs to sit this for a visa. He is a carpenter joiner to trade.

Thanks

Pauline

Hi Pauline, If you check out this recent thread i think all the info is there for you. My OH is a Carpenter and he is taking the IELTS general test. IELTS has nothing to do with vetasses.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/137679-vetassess-paperwork.html

Also make sure your policeman friend is eligible to certify the docs.. We used a solicitor.

Also im pretty sure all the docs have to be certified on the front of the copy and not the back.

Sorry am not sure if your OH needs to do the IELTS for his career choice- but you may need to check do you have enough points. Additional points can be obtained by doing the test and achieving certain bands of proficiency.

Regarding VETASSESS….we got the stamp placed on the front! I think it can cause problems on the back- others may be better able to advise if they did that and it was ok. I think better safe than sorry.

We printed the sheets like you did with

"I certify that this is a true copy

of the original as sighted by me

FULL NAME , PC or whatever title is

Full address

Intl number

Then all the peace commissioner had to do was sign it.

Actually thinking ahead on that issue….when you eventually apply for your visa online with DIAC you will scan in the certified copies and because you will be scanning them up you will need the stamp on the front! So theres your answer…get the signature on front. You will use the same documentation for DIAC that you use with VETASSESS.

Before you courier the items to VETASSESS- scan them in and have them ready for your visa application and then send them

Thanks everyone the email from tradeassess stated to certify back of all documents, dont no what i should do then if i will need all the same info again when applying for a visa.

Is your otherhalf Kimsdu sitting the IELTS bcause of age or is it just for more points cant decipher if its a requirement on the website or not. I see also you have applied for state sponsorship did you do this before your vetassess results came back or did you wait until you received them before applying???

Thanks again.

Thanks everyone the email from tradeassess stated to certify back of all documents, dont no what i should do then if i will need all the same info again when applying for a visa.

Is your otherhalf Kimsdu sitting the IELTS bcause of age or is it just for more points cant decipher if its a requirement on the website or not. I see also you have applied for state sponsorship did you do this before your vetassess results came back or did you wait until you received them before applying???

Thanks again.

I think (Dont quote me on this) you automatically get 6.5 in the Ielts for being English.. My OH is taking it as we want to get extra points for the better visa , If he only gets 7s we will have to go on the state sponsored visa but he needs to get 8s for the independent skilled visa. I think you have to take it regardless of age and points.

Sorry not really sure our agent just tells us what to do..

How old is your OH ?

Dont apply for sponsorship until you have heard back from vetasses

Think youre right Kimsdu :)

KIMSDU Id suggest you go the state sponsorship way anyway if youve points cause 176s have faster processing times than a 175! They are higher priority. Some one on another thread just said they got case officer on the 176 in 4 days!!!!

Thanks everyone the email from tradeassess stated to certify back of all documents, dont no what i should do then if i will need all the same info again when applying for a visa. .

You could just get it all certified again.

Remember also if you are scanning in originals for DIAC you dont need to get those certified- only if its a photocopy of it do you

Think youre right Kimsdu :)

KIMSDU Id suggest you go the state sponsorship way anyway if youve points cause 176s have faster processing times than a 175! They are higher priority. Some one on another thread just said they got case officer on the 176 in 4 days!!!!

I have just read that thread i think it might be better to just do that and also it will take the stress away from the hubby having to try and get the dreaded 8s in the IELTS !!

Thanks again everyone for your replies. Kimsdu my oh will be 30 in June ( yes i am a cougar lol). So it looks like the IELTS is for more points will have to speak to him and see what he thinks, i suppose the more points the better with this new rule come 1st July, just hope we can apply before then hope vetassess dont drag their heels or it could be a long wait.

I have just read that thread i think it might be better to just do that and also it will take the stress away from the hubby having to try and get the dreaded 8s in the IELTS !!

Yeah it took my husband 3 attempts to get the superior english! And hes a smart guy! Its totally about technique and not designed for native english speakers. He on previous two attempts came down in ONE area to 7.5 and 8.5 / 9 in other 3. Felt terrible for him. But he got there in end.

Its a totally rip of too! ! 165euro each time. JOKE

Thanks again everyone for your replies. Kimsdu my oh will be 30 in June ( yes i am a cougar lol). So it looks like the IELTS is for more points will have to speak to him and see what he thinks, i suppose the more points the better with this new rule come 1st July, just hope we can apply before then hope vetassess dont drag their heels or it could be a long wait.

OK i think because he is under 30 he doesnt need to take it but still check with an agent or maybe someone on here will have the answer... Good job bagging yourself a toyboy!!!

Yeah it took my husband 3 attempts to get the superior english! And hes a smart guy! Its totally about technique and not designed for native english speakers. He on previous two attempts came down in ONE area to 7.5 and 8.5 / 9 in other 3. Felt terrible for him. But he got there in end.

Its a totally rip of too! ! 165euro each time. JOKE

I know its a bloody nightmare, Im pretty sure my OH will get the 7s without too much trouble but the 8s are all about technique , Thing is my OH is so particular it takes him ages to make sure everything is correct but i have told him they have time limits and this is where i think he will struggle.. Oh well we will see what happens its a few months away so he has time to practice ..

You are completely right about timing. My husband writes reports for the government and he said he barely had time to read and answer the questions...he siad youve to skim through it. Getting 7s will be easy though.

I see there is a survey about how many times it took people to achieve 8s in all bands.

Im sorry but I dont believe over 70% got it first go.

I dont think it is required by DIAC if you come from Uk, Ireland etc...you are just given a .6.5 I think. Its taken for granted you speak english.

Now in saying that your professional body may require it...for my husband I think they did...bu we needed the extra 20 points .

Hopefully someone can answer you that with more certainty

Archived