Cima - cpa migration assessment

davidtiffen

HI I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND JUST STARTING THE APPLICATION FOR THE SKILLED MIGRATION VISA.

I AM A QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT AND NEED TO SUBMIT FOLLOWING INFO FOR CIMA QUALIFICATION BUT UNSURE EXACTLY WHAT THEY REQUIRE. WONDERED IF ANYONE ELSE HAD GONE DOWN THIS ROUTE AND CAN ADVISE WHAT THEY SUPPLIED.

Certified true copy of the original itemised academic transcript/s (marksheets) relating to your

degree.

Please ensure that you also provide transcripts relating to any exemptions or credit transfers you’ve

received into your degree.

Certified true copy of the original academic award/s (degree certificate) relating to your

degree.

Certified true copy of the original exam results and membership certificates relating to your

professional body.

Syllabus details/subject outlines for all accounting, finance, law, economics, statistics and

computer information systems subjects. If an official syllabus cannot be obtained, we will

accept a Statutory Declaration stating the reason for its non availability and a personally

detailed, typewritten summary of all the subjects studied.

Certified true copies of your official skilled employment references / testimonials.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP

DAVID

We were advised to rather go through ICAA than CPA by several migration agents.

You need to post them the following (all certified):

Copies of degrees

Academic record stating every single subject you did for your degree and how much you obtained for that subject.

A syllabus for every single subject on your academic record stating what topics you covered in that subject.

If you want to claim points for skilled employment - you need to send them reference letters from every employer, stating that you worked permanently, forty hours per week, and earned a salary (list the amount). Then it needs to state all your responsibilities while you worked for them. You also have to attach salary slips from every employer. Your employer reference has to be on a company letterhead that has a physical address as part of the letterhead....The letter has to be signed by one of your superiors (co-workers not allowed to sign) with a contact number and e-mail address for that person. The contact number is not allowed to be a mobile number but has to be an office number.

You have to include your IELTS results - to get assessed you have to get 7 or more across all the bands for the Academic IELTS.

That's all I remember now. However, the requirements are very clear on both CPA and ICAA websites...

Hi David

I went through CPA, thought it would be the easiest route since they have reciprocal agreement with CIMA - but - you must ensure you send the correct paperwork. I only did the skills assessment (six months ago didn't need to have work assessed as well!)

You will need -

Full academic transcript for your degree showing all subjects and percentage acheived - contact your uni if you have not got this to hand

Full academic transcipt for your CIMA - contact CIMA to send to you (took 3 weeks to get mine). I initially sent the exam result certificates showing exactly the same details but this was not acceptable to CPA so be careful!

Didn't send through any details of syllabus for either my degree or for CIMA since my degree wasn't in accountancy, and they would know the syllabus for CIMA without me sending it to them.

All documents need to be certified by a solicitor as certified copies.

Of course, since you are qualified (I wasn't at the time I applied), you can alternatively apply for CPA membership which includes a skills assessment as part of the package. Since they have reciprocal agreement with CIMA this is probably the easiest way to get the tick in the box for skills assessment. However, if I had needed to go back to CPA to confirm 'relevant work experience' I would have been concerned as they only count work experience after you qualify as valid.

Good Luck

I think all materials required have been covered in the above posts.

I would add that I used CPA who are based in Australia House in london and found them to be exceptionally helpful for my asessment as an ACA.

I work over the road from Oz house And took in my original docs which they then certified for me before posting off to Australia. They really were a very friendly bunch.

Inwould also add that the best way to answer your question for your specific situation is to call them on the number posted on the skills asessment website.

• 1 year later...
Hi David

I went through CPA, thought it would be the easiest route since they have reciprocal agreement with CIMA - but - you must ensure you send the correct paperwork. I only did the skills assessment (six months ago didn't need to have work assessed as well!)

You will need -

Full academic transcript for your degree showing all subjects and percentage acheived - contact your uni if you have not got this to hand

Full academic transcipt for your CIMA - contact CIMA to send to you (took 3 weeks to get mine). I initially sent the exam result certificates showing exactly the same details but this was not acceptable to CPA so be careful!

Didn't send through any details of syllabus for either my degree or for CIMA since my degree wasn't in accountancy, and they would know the syllabus for CIMA without me sending it to them.

All documents need to be certified by a solicitor as certified copies.

Of course, since you are qualified (I wasn't at the time I applied), you can alternatively apply for CPA membership which includes a skills assessment as part of the package. Since they have reciprocal agreement with CIMA this is probably the easiest way to get the tick in the box for skills assessment. However, if I had needed to go back to CPA to confirm 'relevant work experience' I would have been concerned as they only count work experience after you qualify as valid.

Good Luck

Hi,

As you have mentioned, does my experience count after becoming a CIMA passed finalist or after becoming a CIMA member(ACMA status)?

Archived