Working Holiday visa!!

KJK88

After deciding on what the best way to migrate to sydney will be myself and my Husband have decided on myself going on a working holiday visa and try and get a sponsorship that way. Im already in contact with a Nursing agency to start work and possibilities of a sponsorship after. My husband along with my son is going to applying for a Family sponsored visa (679) for 12 months ( parents in live in sydney ) he will be there for my duration. Has anyone experienced this or any info about the working holiday visa and then gaining permanent residence? If i got a sponsorship would i have to return to the uk, and what would happen to hubby and son??

Any advice would be grateful :)

Hi, I missed that bit out!! Im doing the working holiday visa to gain sponsorship for permanent residence. Basically myself doing that, and while I was in Sydney my Husband along with our son would stay and visit his parents.

We are trying our very best to find a suitable visa we can all go on within a quick turnaround! The WHV was suggested by the immigration officer I spoke to. Im starting to think we might need to contact someone for advice/help?!

Your Child can not enter Australia while you are working on a WHV, and as you have a dependent if you must apply for the WHV by paper based application.

"not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay in Australia

If you would like a dependent child to join you in Australia you must apply for a different visa such as a Tourist visa. If you have dependent children who will not accompany you at any time you must apply for a Working Holiday visa using the paper application. You are not able to apply online." http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-first.htm

Also with 12 tourist visas - thye usually come witht he no further stay condition - so even if you were able to gain sponsorship, your partner and child can not apply for another visa while they are in Australia. As soon as your dependent child enters Australia if you are on WHV you visa wold be void and cancelled and you could end up with 3 year ban.

IF you were going out to gain sponsorship you would need to get sponsorship have visas in place before your partner and son could enter Australia. Also there is no guarentee that the agency will sponsory you for PR, more likely sponsor you for 457 TR visa.

Archived