Things to do around Cairns

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen
Ohhh, is that that cave with them huge amethyst type crystals in? I know little, little x would love to go and see that!

http://www.crystalcaves.com.au yes but to be honest it is pretty disappointing as it's a man made cave in the shops cellar but the Empress is lovely and if the kids like gems etc it's worth a run out, if you stayed on the tablelands in that accommodation Atherton is 20 minutes down the road.

empr1a.jpg

empr1a.jpg

http://www.crystalcaves.com.au yes but to be honest it is pretty disappointing as it's a man made cave in the shops cellar but the Empress is lovely and if the kids like gems etc it's worth a run out, if you stayed on the tablelands in that accommodation Atherton is 20 minutes down the road.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11522[/ATTACH]

I'd never get little Miss x out of the shop!!!!

She's a real hippy chick.

Guest The Pom Queen
crystal cascades redlynch nice spot for cooling off get there early if on school holidays
Crystal-Cascades.jpg See you wouldn't like it there Geoff

large.c5e56123a384f486e9d0cfcf2fa431c4.p5011788.jpg

Crystal-Cascades-v12008-1.jpg

3934490470_b09c1b0665.jpg

large.c5e56123a384f486e9d0cfcf2fa431c4.p5011788.jpg

Crystal-Cascades-v12008-1.jpg

3934490470_b09c1b0665.jpg

Crystal-Cascades.jpg

Guest The Pom Queen
Are you moonlighting for the Queensland Tourist Board?

I should be shouldn't I, maybe now you can see why I prefer up here to Melbourne :wink:

I should be shouldn't I, maybe now you can see why I prefer up here to Melbourne :wink:

I can see it *may* have one or two benefits.....

We're off to Mornington beach with the dog tonight (thanks to your info), hoping for a nice sunset....

Thanks for all this info, will show it all to Mrs X tonight (stop sniggering this isn't the double entendre thread!)

G

Guest The Pom Queen
Little Miss x has asked me if there's any change of a rollercoaster somewhere nearby?

A couple of hours away (by plane :wink:)

We were suppose to be having a Disney built but the locals didn't want it. You could go jungle surfing or cable skiing, or if you want a real adventure go swimming in the Barron River with the crocs (WARNING please don't do the last one you may end up legless)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen
Guess who's just booked their flights! :wink:

I thought if I ignored this post it may go away :tongue: No seriously, that's great news, I can hear the thunder in the distance.

What dates are you here for?

Guest Sir Les Patterson

Jesus Kate......fair go........don't build it up too much.......next thing we will have an influx of poms here and they'll be complaining about the coffee at Coffee Roast on the Esplanade and the James Squire's Golden Ale at Salsa's at Port is inferior to what they can get at the local in Manchester lol

Also...tried Ramsden's on Pease St. again and it was much better.........had the Barra and said "when you think the chips are well done....leave them in for another minute".........very nice........will go back.

Guest The Pom Queen
Jesus Kate......fair go........don't build it up too much.......next thing we will have an influx of poms here and they'll be complaining about the coffee at Coffee Roast on the Esplanade and the James Squire's Golden Ale at Salsa's at Port is inferior to what they can get at the local in Manchester lol

Also...tried Ramsden's on Pease St. again and it was much better.........had the Barra and said "when you think the chips are well done....leave them in for another minute".........very nice........will go back.

We managed to have a night off and went to Cafe China last night. Have to drop the boys of at the AAFC tonight so may head in to town and pick up a curry. Talking of curry do you know anything of the one in Brinsmead opposite Freshwater school (can't remember the road off the top of my head) they only open on a weekend?

I thought if I ignored this post it may go away :tongue: No seriously, that's great news, I can hear the thunder in the distance.

What dates are you here for?

Bloody hell you must have good hearing. Not coming until June 30th until July 13th or 14th (I'm never good with details - you need Mrs X for that).

The provisional plan is to head up to Daintree and down to Undara before ending up back in Cairns, stopping off at all places in between. ut saying that we haven't booked any accommodation yet so it's still rather fluid!

Archived