convictions

bryam99

Hi everyone,

sorry to make my very first post on such a dodgy subject matter!!

The thing is, we are going out to Brisbane in Feb 08 on a 457 visa. My eldest son (18) says he does not want to go for 4 years but will come on holidays, this is his choice but i would like to apply for him as a secondary applicant just incase he changes his mind. The big thing is that he has two criminal convictions for possesion of an offensive weapon, which sounds awful and looks awful on paper but he really isnt a criminal he's a lovely lad who has had a spot of bother with violence directed at him.

Im almost afraid to apply as it says if he is turned down he will be banned from Australia-what does this mean will he be banned from holidays too??

I would really appreciate any info on this if anyone knows the criteria, ive searched and searched but cant find anything specific enough to his crimes. He has never been in prison. Has anyone else got in with convictions?

Thanks in advance x

It's hard to believe that it's the only way you could get here at one time, keep your chin up mate, I can identify with your problem, our son was charged with the same thing a couple of months ago, he never had anything in his hands or on his person & had several witness's to prove that fact, even though the charges were dropped, it still went on the record ??????????????????????????????????????????

Archived