can you jump states?

Guest pringle73

Not yet, been looking for many jobs remotely had a few interviews etc...

Ah. It appears it can be hard work getting a job before you move. Even once there it can be tough but many employers seem to prefer people to be on the ground so to speak. Good luck though :)

yeah, I have been a little fortunate in getting some interviews but has been hard. Definately would prefer to move knowing i have a job to start.

not easy for sure.

I had thought to satart widening the net for jobs copme feb if i am still not successful.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all,

Following the above discussion, Just to ask the final question. Dont you think that moving earlier before the 2 years comitment will affect negatively your citizenship in the future.

After you send the notification to the Migration department, do they ask you for the survey after 6 months?

My friend told me that is a moral obligation, however, I want to make sure that there will be no consequence. Of course, I am trying all of my best efforts to find a secure job here.

Any ideas or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Guest jak2503
Dear all,

Following the above discussion, Just to ask the final question. Dont you think that moving earlier before the 2 years comitment will affect negatively your citizenship in the future.

After you send the notification to the Migration department, do they ask you for the survey after 6 months?

My friend told me that is a moral obligation, however, I want to make sure that there will be no consequence. Of course, I am trying all of my best efforts to find a secure job here.

Any ideas or suggestions are highly appreciated.

if i told u it was ok to rob a bank would you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mate stop asking bloody daft questions that you only want to hear the answers to make yourself feel better. if your gunna jump state bloody do it, grow a pair and do what your gunna do anyway. also try researching on this site and others , the question has been done a million times before, you no the answer!!!!!!!!!

We moved in WA after getting state sponsorship in March and till now, my husband struggling to get a job here. before moving here we tried three months since we have been granted the sponsorship. As he did not get any good response at all and I also left my permanent job , he had to request to his boss and made an work from home arrangement till he finds any job in WA with the condition that he will travel to his office at his own expense whenever it is required for the job. This arrangement left us no where , but spoiling all our savings, mentally distressing situation etc etc.But we were continuing this way and trying hard to get a job.. but now, we can see lesser and lesser no of job coming in his field and our bank balance going down and down! on the top of that, his boss declared that he is not going to support him for two years like that specially in this economic situation and he have no option but leave the job if he can not come back.

Now we are desperate enough to move state, no other option left specially when I am expecting another child and expenses are rising day by day!

Can anyone suggest what is the best way to contact SS people regarding this, mail them, or call them or meet them personally?We gave it a fair go for 6 months but now, need their blessings to move to ther state..

Please share any experience that might give us some confidence to face this..any help kind word would be appreciated..

From what I read about a similar situation on another forum. The person contacted the State sponsorship office and told them that after 2 months he was still unable to find a suitable job. He has been able to procure a good job offer in another state, The SS officer told the person that they were glad he had found a job in another state and were fine with him moving there.

So I think try talking to the SS office and let them know .

From what I read about a similar situation on another forum. The person contacted the State sponsorship office and told them that after 2 months he was still unable to find a suitable job. He has been able to procure a good job offer in another state, The SS officer told the person that they were glad he had found a job in another state and were fine with him moving there.

So I think try talking to the SS office and let them know .

Thanks for your feedback. May I explain my concern in more details.

It is stated like this:

Q: Am I able to relocate to another state even though I have not resided in Western Australia for two years post visa grant and what is the course of action for the applicant?

A:

By accepting State sponsorship you made a commitment to live and work in Western Australia for a period of two years and signed an agreement with the Government of Western Australia to do so. Applicants who request to relocate to another state will need to apply for release from their signed agreement through Skilled Migration WA.

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Frequentquestionsaboutstatesponsorship.aspx

You are able to move, but release from agreement, that means you are off of your obligations, and they, too. They can cancel their sponsorship and might lead to visa cancel.

I am pretty sure that I am not the only person who feel unsecure in this situation.

Please share your thoughts about this.

Archived