Looking for guidance and advice.

Michael Owens

Hi,im Michael 22. Im new to the site and joined yesterday through recommendation from a friend. After saving for quite a long time i am finally ready to head out to Oz later in the year.

I have a trade in the plumbing and gas industry and applied for a skilled migration visa, however i recieved a reply saying giving my age i would be better suited to do the working holiday visa but im ot sure what affect this will have on me being able to get a job in the tade when i get to Oz. Also it has concerned me after reading many comments on here about people finding it hard to find jobs in construction.

Im not going out there with the view of just wanting to do one specific job, if so i will consider other options outside of my trade. I would be extremely gratful if anyone with a greater knowledge and experience in my situation could pass on some advice to me.

Thanks

Michael

I would go out on a WHV if I were you. You have more of a chance at getting a job when you're already there and you can possibly get sponsored, who knows. Also, if you went for a longer visa, this will eat up your savings in application fees. You may then get out to Oz and find there's no work and you have no savings and you won't be able to get benefits. At least with a WHV, it gives you the freedom to work your way around Oz to find the place you would like to settle in. Hope this helps:smile:

I think im right in saying that if you get a 1 year working visitors Visa and you decide you want to stay here,

you have to go back to the UK and re apply ?

Not sure if thats 100% but a young guy who works for my company had to go back re apply and 7 weeks later he was here again !

Thaknyou for the advice, i will be going over on a WHV so the majority of the money i have saved will be to help me over in Oz. Hopefully i do find work where i can apply for the second year, if i have to come back and re apply it is something i'd be willing to do in order to get me back there.

Archived