taking a jack russell to oz

Juliep

Depends. Have you measured your dog and gotten quotes from shipping companies? It goes in size not weight for the crate. JRT you could expect in the region of £1800-2000 give or take either way. There is no 'exact' price. And that is for shipping only. Quarantine is a set fee, contact the quarantine stations in Aus for prices for the 30 day stay. Then there is the rabies and other vet stuff, blood tests and so on well in advance due to the new rabies regs that came in on Jan 1.

TBH if I were you I would contact some reputable shipping companies and get some prices to give you a starting point. All up you could be looking between £3-4000, although it may come in less with a small dog.

Guest Steve and Paula

Not sure but we decided against bringing our Pomeranian to Perth from Canada because it was going to cost $6000CDN including shipping, quarantine, vet expenses etc and we couldn't justify spending that much money. Plus putting her through the stress of the fights and quarantine was just too much for us. This was the hardest decision we've had to make. I hope it's cheaper from the UK. Good luck.

Paula

Archived