Yikes! Sponsorship just fell through! Which visa to apply for?..

Guest Sebedee

Guest Sebedee

Help! My boss promised to sponsor me for the Occupational Trainee Visa (442) as a trainee tree climber doing a Certificate III in Horticulture. However, when I got into work early this morning to finalise the application with him, he told me he couldn't do it any more, nor was there any work for the foreseeable future & he'd have to let me go.

Unfortunately this presents me with a slight conundrum, as my Working Holiday Visa (417) expires on Saturday - d'oh!

I've been looking at other Student visas & wondering how the hell I'm going to afford the course costs if I do the course somewhere else, as well as a couple of other options, but I'm not really sure what to go for.

I must stay in Brisbane! I have a long term girlfriend here who I'm not willing to leave, (in fact, I should be eligible to go on her Long Stay Business Visa (457) as a de facto partner in late February).

Any thoughts/feelings/ideas/advice would be of great interest at the very least, and hugely appreciated. TIA.

• 5 months later...
Guest Sebedee

Lol, bit specific maybe? Still, no-one responded to me on here, but then I only signed up cuz I was desperate for a solution with days to go.. :ssign5: