Reality Check

Gazbaz1

Evening All

Firstly thanks for having a look at my post, Just been watching the first few episodes of the new BBC series wanted down under. During the program they review a reality check I am just wondering if anybody actually did this themselves or has any idea of what information I should be looking at including in our reality check.

Are their any of you that have actually gone through with the move to Oz and sat down and worked out the reality check and found it to be accurate, if so could you help me and my family out.

Thank you again

Gareth.

The one that was on Yesterday, they thought thay would be £27K a year better off but it didnt look like they took into consideration income tax from his wages.

Also using the current exchange rate makes everything look really expensive or your are making loads of money.

When the exchange rate in Australia was about 2.2, housing etc looked cheap, now being 1.5 everything looks really expensive.

When your earning $ and spending $, or if you are going to convert,using 2.2 exchange rate will give better idea of cost of living.

Archived