16/17 year olds? Girl moved to Perth, bored.

Beachlover94

Hey, I'm 17 & moved over to Perth in October from England, I don't start school until february ( I'm going into year 12) and since it's the summer holidays here now I've been so bored.. I haven't made any friends yet so it looks like I'm waiting until I start school! If there's anybody who wants a chat about moving over or who's already moved fb would be great! :cute:Also I was wondering what it's like starting senior school over here? As I'm quite nervous! :dull:Thanks :)

Hi

My name is Natasha, Im sixteen, I moved over here a little over two years ago. I have recently moved again.. closer to Perth and Im home-schooled,(going into year 11) so I am really nervous about how I am going to make friends, I would love to add you on fb to talk :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Elizabethxoxo

Hi, I'm Elizabeth.

I'm 16 (going into year 11 in Feb) and I moved to Perth in August 2011. I started school in September of last year, so I've had a chance to get to know a few people. There's no need to be nervous, everyone is really friendly (although I can understand why you would be, I was a little before I started!).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DrizzyJames

Alrightttttttttt...

I've just moved here, from the UK. Loving in but in the same position as you!

Message me on here and we'll have a chat or something if you fancyyyyy!

James.

• 2 weeks later...

I moved out here last August and didn't start Tafe till now. I got really lonely too at times but when you start to meet other people they're really friendly and quite welcoming :biggrin: I can't really say much about their high school as I've never been to one here but I'm sure everything will work out fine, just give it time :cute:

I did exactly the same last year! I was 16 too it was hard leaving friends and family but that's just natural and when we got here everyone over here is so welcoming, there have been so many times when shopping assistants get talking to us about how we're going and how we're finding it. A good thing to do is get a job in a coffee house or a retail shop where he can meet other people his age. Over here you don't have to do year 11/12 as you can go straight to College, there are some really good ones around and most of them have set courses. People I've met have been really friendly at college, everyone's in the same boat when you start; You're all new and don't know anybody so it's pretty easy to make friends =]

Guest Laurensarahx

Hey I'm Lauren I've just moved here this month and I'm in the exact same situation I don't really know what's best for me to do out here if to get a job or go to college as I'm 17 and don't really know anyone, :( love being here though :-) x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MeganHumphreys

Lauren, personally I would go and finish year 11 and 12 even though it seems like a huge hassle, when you go to look for good jobs they look to see that youve completed that, it also lets you get to know more people and gets you a ATAR (overal score) which will lead you to uni, or do none TEE subjects which will get you into tafe but theyre super easy.

Or you could go to tafe which is abit like college but you wont meet as many people your own age as its all ages that go, you may also find it hard to get in seeing as you have no australian school records, but i dont really know about that.

Also if you want to go to Uni you need to do TEE at school which is sort of like your GCSE's which will get you straight into a uni depending on your overal average, OR you can get into uni through tafe which tends to be harder.

I've lived here 3 years in about two weeks and doing year 12 now.

Hope this kind of helps.

I've been to 3 highschools over here due to moving closer to perth each year. Id also look into what schools are the best, public is very relaxed then there private which means no makeup hair pulled back, big shoes, and knee length dresses/skirts which I hated and theres no getting away with it.

Guest mandi1971

Hi I'm Chloe I'm 16 and living in Butler. We moved here 8 weeks ago. Schools ok but I could only get a place in Clarkson. It's ok but I miss my old school and my friends and don't have much in common with the kids there ;-)I'm looking for a job at the minute and I'm doing a VET course at school which gives me a day release each week to subway as I'm on a hospitality course. If anyone wants to meet up for movie nights or shopping and live close by I'd like to hear from you or send me a PM for my FB addy. :-))

Hi Mandi1971. I'm a mother of teenagers and we leave fairly near Butler. I'm just posting to let you know about the youth group in Clarkson in case you haven't yet found it. It's open several evenings a week, different things each time. Sometimes organised outings. Thursday seems to be the busier night. It's at the youth center opposite Ocean Keys Shopping car park. By the skate park. It's a kind of open door drop in centre rather than everyone goes in together at one time. Sort of things are pizza night, xbox, pool, skate competitions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Archies Gang
Hey I'm Lauren I've just moved here this month and I'm in the exact same situation I don't really know what's best for me to do out here if to get a job or go to college as I'm 17 and don't really know anyone, :( love being here though :-) x

Hi Lauren

We moved here in January with our 17yr old daughter Jodie, she is at Tuarte college at the moment but finding it hard to make friends particularly with people her own age and liking the same things. I see you are in Perth as well we are renting in stirling at the moment. I'm trying to get her to get out and meet more people but it's difficult, where abouts are you maybe I can get her to Facebook you or vise versa, although she will go mad that I have been on here. I hope you settle in.

Fiona

• 4 months later...
Guest miapermaul96

Hi, I also just moved here about 5 weeks ago from London and know no one.

I am just off of Perth so if you would like to facebook me that would be great?! :D

Hey, I'm 17 & moved over to Perth in October from England, I don't start school until february ( I'm going into year 12) and since it's the summer holidays here now I've been so bored.. I haven't made any friends yet so it looks like I'm waiting until I start school! If there's anybody who wants a chat about moving over or who's already moved fb would be great! :cute:Also I was wondering what it's like starting senior school over here? As I'm quite nervous! :dull:Thanks :)

Guest miapermaul96

Hi Gary, if your daughter gets lonely get her to contact me and we can go out or something, I'm 16 and live close to Joondalup.

• 2 months later...