What year would I be in?

Guest MarcJacobsDaisy

My middle son is 16 and is as we speak/type, sitting the first part of his history GCSE, he has 3 more exams left after today. We are heading to Perth in the next couple of weeks (actually the evening of his final exam!) to validate visas and hope to be over permanently later this year pending the sale of our UK home. I will be glad for him to go into Y10 and redo before starting Y11 & 12. He hasn't enjoyed school particularly and so I think this will benefit him greatly, giving him a further opportunity to do well.

Best of luck to all you teenagers, may this be an exciting move for you all.

Mrs K x

My middle son is 16 and is as we speak/type, sitting the first part of his history GCSE, he has 3 more exams left after today. We are heading to Perth in the next couple of weeks (actually the evening of his final exam!) to validate visas and hope to be over permanently later this year pending the sale of our UK home. I will be glad for him to go into Y10 and redo before starting Y11 & 12. He hasn't enjoyed school particularly and so I think this will benefit him greatly, giving him a further opportunity to do well.

Best of luck to all you teenagers, may this be an exciting move for you all.

Mrs K x

Hi and welcome. If your not coming over until later in the year I would put him year 10 just to make friends. Then in feb when they go ack after the summer holidays I would put him in year 11. They wanted to put my son down a year and I would'nt allow it, his birthday fell in the right year I put him in. My son was fine and passded is year10 and his HSC easy and he was the youngest kid.:biggrin:

Sorry But NSW IS wrong my son was 16 and half when he went into year 12, he was 17 and 5 months when he left school. I know this as my son is 18 today and left school the end of november last year after finishing his HSC... He was the youngest kids in his year. He went to woolooware high school, in the Sutherland Shire NSW

Oh yes! You're right, my bad...:huh: In my school yr 11 and 12 are split up between two terms so year 12 only stay 2 terms.

Archived