Leaving Oz to get your PR visa?

tuckerfa

G'day all,

We will be coming over to Oz on a 457 employer sponsored visa (cheapest option, we think) and after reading some of the brilliant posts on here should be able to get a mortage on this by applying to the relivent agencies (the name escapes me). The hospital that wants to sponsor us (the wife) says that after 6 months satisfactory work, they will give us backing for our PR application.

After a lot of waffle. What I would like to know is, when you get issued with the PR visa, it has to be issued to you whilst you are in an other country, but what address do they send it to? If they send it to your rental home, your not there. Do they send it to the hotel your stopping in in the foreign country? if so how can you be sure it's going to get there?

Sorry if I'm being thick (it's pretty normal for me) but I don't recall seeing this anywhere.

Thanks you all (That sounds a bit Yanky doesn't it. Wrong forum!)

The Tuckers

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

Don't worry. When they grant your PR visa, they will send the original of it to your address in Oz but they will also e-mail you with a copy of the letter. If you are in, say, Aucland or Singapore you will find that you can use the copy in order to get the visa labels into your passports.

Cheers

Gill

Archived