Perth in February!

Hiya to all,

We are on our way to Perth in Feb to check out suburbs etc for the big move in May 12.

Its just me and my wife heading over and wondered if any of you guys over there would fancy a meet up to make friends, Discuss how you found it and what obsticles may be ahead of us!

We are thinking we should give the Rockingham area a go for living with a 6 month rental when we arrive in May so would love any feedback.

If there are any good bars or social clubs in Rockingham area drop me a PM and if interested in a bit of a natter we can get a date arranged to meet up between 2nd and 18th Feb 12.

Hope this does not fall on deaf ears and look forward to hearing from any takers.

We will be meeting up with the famous Mandy28 while there and am sure Mandy & Nigel will be interested too!

Happy New Year to All.

Gary & Sue

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks M2M,

We are registered with PiP but forgot login details, I have requested new ones but still waiting so will post there when I get on.

Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary they are two Seperate forums, it's perthpoms that is the sister one to the Australian Migration Forums Group, PIP is another site

• 2 weeks later...
Hi myself and my husband moving to perth in may from southampton where do you live in uk

Hi ChelseaM,

We are currently in Bridgwater, Somerset.

Planning the move in May but thinking im going to stay on in Feb while sue returns to tie up the loose ends.

Gary & Sue

Guest ChelseaM

We were thinking to move to Rockingham i did a lot of research looked liked a nice place to live till we met friends of ours they lived in perth for 2 years they suggested not to go to Rockingham just because would be more difficult job wise and traveling to Perth takes long time apparently because of the traffic so they say

We were thinking to move to Rockingham i did a lot of research looked liked a nice place to live till we met friends of ours they lived in perth for 2 years they suggested not to go to Rockingham just because would be more difficult job wise and traveling to Perth takes long time apparently because of the traffic so they say

Being in the building industry I do not expect there to be many opportunities in the city.

Alot of people tend to head to Rockingham when they first emigrate from the looks of things.

We are now also considering north of the river and have made a few enquiries for rentals near Scarbrough, Best to keep all options open!!

Guest ChelseaM

We are looking at north perth at the moment haven't made any decisions yet. My husband is a carpenter ,do you mind me asking what is your trade?

Yeah no worries,

I am a brickie, Never really looked to closely at areas as we dont have to consider schools etc so we just plan to find somewhere nice but close to work, I am guessing that the north of the river has more potential for work as the south seems to be alot more built up.

Guest ChelseaM

We don't have any kids either just two of us.Are you going to be looking for jobs then you get to perth or you got something already?

My husband got few contact numbers from his friend, its not guaranteed,seems to be quite hard to get a job from uk.

Going to be looking and have a mate who works for major recruitment agency over there so hoping something will crop up sooner rather than later, Thinks all a question of proving yourself and getting your foot in the door so to speak and hopefully work will flow from there, Easier said than done though!!

Hey guys, my husband & I are moving to Perth in May as well. We have a 4 month old son, so not looking for schools, but are renting a place in Connolly when we get there and will be looking to get a long term rental near to Joondalup as my husband is hoping to join the police and their HQ is there. I am a chef and am hoping to secure something before we go, but I know what you mean it being a bit difficult from the UK - I have applied for a few things but had no response even to acknowledge my application, so am hoping I will find something pretty quickly when we get there.

Would be nice to try & meet up for coffee with people in the same position!

Hey guys, my husband & I are moving to Perth in May as well. We have a 4 month old son, so not looking for schools, but are renting a place in Connolly when we get there and will be looking to get a long term rental near to Joondalup as my husband is hoping to join the police and their HQ is there. I am a chef and am hoping to secure something before we go, but I know what you mean it being a bit difficult from the UK - I have applied for a few things but had no response even to acknowledge my application, so am hoping I will find something pretty quickly when we get there.

Would be nice to try & meet up for coffee with people in the same position!

Im intending on keeping a good social diary once we are there and find by sharing the experiences encountered is a great way of doing just that, So a Coffee is well in order!

I've come to the decision that to find the work I want I need to be there (On the ball) and get in on the first shout of jobs.

I shall send you and ChealseaM friend requests so we can arrange meet ups in the near future.

Gary & Sue

Hi Folks,

We arrived 10 days ago and are in Clarkson in a furnishe rental and then moving into unfurnished in Butler (both NOR) next week! Love NOR and there is a HUGE amount of building going on. It seems they really want you here to apply for jobs in case they go through the recruitment process and then your move falls through. Don't be discouraged.

We are Steve (29), Emma (35) and Jocelyn (2.5) and would love to meet up next month for a welcome coffee / let you pick our brains! If you want to pm me

Best wishes Emma

Hi Folks,

We arrived 10 days ago and are in Clarkson in a furnishe rental and then moving into unfurnished in Butler (both NOR) next week! Love NOR and there is a HUGE amount of building going on. It seems they really want you here to apply for jobs in case they go through the recruitment process and then your move falls through. Don't be discouraged.

We are Steve (29), Emma (35) and Jocelyn (2.5) and would love to meet up next month for a welcome coffee / let you pick our brains! If you want to pm me

Best wishes Emma

Thanks guys and congrats on the move there,

I have been expressing interests in jobs but as you say they will possibly not entertain us until we can show them an Ozzy address!!

Guess my plan of staying on while Sue returns maybe a good one to put me in the position of being on the pulse so to speak.

Gary & Sue

Guest SusanAndKatherine

Hi Gary,

We moved to Bunbury western australia in april 2011. Im originally australian but have lived in the Uk for 6 years. My partner Katherine is from the Uk. We are still waiting on Katherines visa to be approved but she is allowed to stay in the country. We moved from Portsmouth, hampshire. Just a heads up mainly for your wife, jobs are not easy to come by as so many people are looking for work and because of being from another country that seems to put them off a little. i know this from experience. However as you are a brickie you shouldnt have any trouble. I recomend that wherever you decide to go to that you contact the local caravan parks and see if they have any permanent cabins you could rent. Its cheaper while you get yourself set up and also no rental contract so your not locked in if you dont like the area. If you ever come down south (bunbury) way give us a yell and we will meet up for a coffee.

Archived