Sponsorship Information & Visas

Guest markjames81

Guest markjames81

Hello Guys

Im looking to move to Aus towards the end of next year

I have a couple of questions about getting over there, but first I will give you some background into what I do

In england i work in liverpool for an electrical contractor as an estimating manager with 7 years estimating / project management experience

I have completed a full electrical apprenticeship, with 16th edition & 2391 and have a HNC in electrical engineering.

As I said, we are looking to come over towards the end of next year and would like to know the following

When would it be best to start applying for jobs

If I get sponsorship what will it likely include

How long will it take to get a visa sorted and what will be involved

It would be great if anyone on here who has gone down this channel before, can give me some answers and any advice.

Cant wait to get to Brisbane

Cheers

Hi Mark

Have you looked at the immigration web-site Department of Immigration and Citizenship this should answer some of your questions.

Majority of people apply for a skilled independant visa which allows them to become permanent residents and to work and live anywhere in Australia.

As for applying for jobs, my hubby applied for some before we had our visas but didnt have any luck at all. A lot of employers want you to already have a visa and will state this in the job discription.

Once we had our visas though he managed to get a job offer which he starts in Jan but a lot of folks dont manage to secure work until they arrive in Oz.

Have a look at the web-site above, hope it helps a little.

Sam

Guest markjames81

Thanks Its just what I was looking for.

If there is any one who has had any experience of the process it would be nice to hear from you guys

Cheers

Mark

Archived