Need some help filling in the online form - visa numbers

Dono

Hi everyone,

I'm filling in my online form 1276 (the online application for a 176 visa) and so far, so good. Thankfully they let you save the form and come back to it later :)

I need some help with one thing - the form asks me to fill in the visa numbers for any visas that I previously used to enter australia. The problem is that it won't accept the visa numbers I'm filling in for my previous tourist visas - it says that they aren't in the correct format, yet when I check the help it says its expecting a 10 digit number - which is what I am filling in. Did anyone else have this problem? I've managed to fill in the dates and everything so I am sure the DIAC can just look up the visas (they will need to do this anyway for the time I went over on my UK passport on an ETA).

Any ideas?

Had this exact same problem yesterday - for now I have just left the visa numbers blank as on the question mark 'help' for that field it says something like 'the visa numbers if known' so I figured it might not be that impertitive to enter them. Mine was an e-visa and it is all letters that I have as a reference, I do wonder whether they only mean for you to enter numbers for proper, old fashioned (none electronic) visas.

Archived