Locals Discounts

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

I thought it would be a great idea to start a thread on what discounts you can get as locals. In Cairns we get a number of discounts, give me a second and I'll post some for you.:wubclub:

Guest The Pom Queen

As a Cairns Local we have a variety of discounts, passes etc available to us, I don't know all of them but below are some that I am aware of, however, it's always best to check with the company as things can change.

If you are considering Cairns Zoo, Hartleys Crocodile Farm and the Kuranda Koala Gardens then it's probably worth getting an annual pass. The price for an adult is $100 and a child $50, a family ticket is $250.

Rainforestation, Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Cairns Wildlife Dome and Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas have once again announced a special price for the Locals' Annual 4 Park Pass. The Pass usually goes on sale twice a year, offering 12 months of unlimited entry to all four attractions at a special price of $110 for a family (2 adults and 2 children), $55 for adults, and $25 for children – a discount of nearly half the usual price. For those who already hold a Locals' Annual 4 Park Pass that is about to expire, it can be renewed at $100 for family, $50 for adults, and $25 for children.

If you don't manage to secure the pass in the sale it is $249 for the year.

Nearly all the Reef companies offer a discount however, Reef Magic do a membership card locals club. This is $11 to join and is a lifetime membership that entitles you to 40% off the fare, diving and guided snorkel tours on board. This makes the fare $108 instead of $180.

Great Adventures - Reef and Green Island offer a 30% discount to locals.

Tjapukai by Day and Tjapukai by Night offer a 30% discount for locals

Foaming Fury offer 25% discount on their white water rafting tours

You can get a good discount on any diving courses booked all depends on which course and company.

A J Hacketts Bungee Jump - Usual price is $129 per jump, however locals pay the $129 for the jump and then can jump or do the swing for a year for $10 only.

Quad Biking offers 25% discount

There are lots more but I can't think right now, I will add them to the list as I remember

Olinda Cellars in the Dandenong Ranges (Melbourne) is by far one of the most amazingly fantastic and brilliant wine & beer shops I've ever encountered - YAY to Ross !!

it's not widely advertised, but he runs free wine tastings on Friday nights (last night was 10 amazing bottles of lesser known Australian beauties) and he can talk you through all of them. And if you're an active member of the CFA in the hills, make sure to let him know - just be subtle if there are others in the store :)

(His mixed dozens are also superb value, and don't get me started on his cleanskins..... Mmmmmm)

Archived