The other side of the rentals coin

Rudi

I paid an agent to look after the property for me. I stupidly trusted that they would in fact do what they were paid to do. I made many complaints to the agent about the state of the garden and had expected it to be dealt with. The problem is, that you can only see so much from a drive by.

The house will not be painted and yes, I think in my previous posts I have said that the deposit will be covering the costs of cleaning and sorting the garden out, but it does not cover my time and the hassle I am having to organise this just before Xmas, or the fact that they arranged for the electricity to be cut off early so that I now have to sit at the house for possibly 5 hours on Monday waiting for Energex to turn up and re-connect it.

The two times I have rented I have treated the homes I was in with respect and ended up getting my full bond back without question. I wrongly assumed that what seemed to be a decent family, who rented the home, would treat my house with the same respect.

I am really not sure why this has become my fault somehow.

It is your fault to be honest, why trust an agent you do not know? and all the "hassle" surly is worth it when you look at the rent and profit you make from renting a property in Oz with mental rental fees.

Profit?? Um no, by my calculation, we would be around $12000 a year better off WITHOUT this house. We can't sell it at the moment with the market having gone down so much.

No, this was not my fault, my husband and I are just mum and dad landlords trying to get ahead in life. Agents are there to do a job. Is it your fault if you go into a shop and the shop assistant is chatting to her colleague instead of serving you? Of course it's not? It's HER job to serve the customers - just because she is bad at her job, does not make it your fault.

'Nuf said, I will not be debating this with you further

Archived