Visa 457 for community nurses?

nic1171

Hi Im just starting the process of trying to figure the best visa to apply. I had thought the 457 (seems speedier and no IELTS initially!) but have been told by a Nursing Agency that you cant get sponsorship for a community post. Has anyone used this type of visa for such? Ive been qualified 17 yr and the last 8 have been community based, Im currently working as a Community Matron so specialized in long term condition management. Its a minefield so all advice gratefully welcomed! Thanyou Nicola

Guest Guest31881

I have moved this to the migration section for you, You posted in the "Job vacancies" and would never get the replies you needed in there:biggrin:.

I hope someone can offer advice. If you search the site you will find a lot of threads from nurses and you may be able to get some information from those as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Im just starting the process of trying to figure the best visa to apply. I had thought the 457 (seems speedier and no IELTS initially!) but have been told by a Nursing Agency that you cant get sponsorship for a community post. Has anyone used this type of visa for such? Ive been qualified 17 yr and the last 8 have been community based, Im currently working as a Community Matron so specialized in long term condition management. Its a minefield so all advice gratefully welcomed! Thanyou Nicola

Quickest visa does not mean best visa.

Are you looking to live in Australia for a couple of years or are you hoping to make a permanent move? Do you have family? If you are hoping to move permanently and have a family, then might might be worth the investment in time up front so that you can move on a permanent visa, such as the skilled migrant visa. It might take longer but has benefits over the 457 visa.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived