Leaving parties - Who's having one?

Guest forshac

Guest forshac

Hi guys,

Are any of you planning on having leaving parties?

I want to but hubby thinks we should save the dosh... :cry:

Guest Missiemo

Well we have been trying to get a do sorted but it seems there is so much more to worry about, only 4 weeks and 3 days until we go :wink:

Guest stephanielouise981

I want one too, but my hubby also thinks we should save our money. It would be lovely if someone did it for us... I doubt anyone will though.

Steph xxx

Guest scoop

No Big dos for me, little one no babysitter. Will probably do lunch with the guys from work and visits with friends.

Not sure what will happen with the parents, they will have probably stopped talking to me by then and mother be in the asylum!

SCoop

x

Guest Michelle f

Hi everyone,

We are definitley having a leaving do !! my husband thought it was a waste of money :roll: ,but after explaining that we may not see some of our friends and family for quite a few years and it doesnt have to be that expensive!! :twisted:

(thats what he thinks ha ha !!) he came to my way of thinking.

I just thought having lots of friends and family in the same room having a great time dancing and getting drunk,will give me something to smile about when im feeling abit homesick !!!

:cry:

Michelle :D

Guest forshac

:D

I'm with you Michelle, I have managed to get my way..some how :?

Now its getting arranged like everthing else!! :shock:

Guest Anita

I've just spotted this thread....I posted one on the very same topic in news & gossip...sorry didn't mean to duplicate.

I think a party is probably the way to go to ensure you get the chance to say goodbye to everyone as it would take ages to get around to each person individually. We're also probably going to have to do something for our 3 year old to say goodbye to her friends but not sure what that will be yet. Any excuse for a party though.

Anita x

Not sure what to do either :? - would like a party to say goodbye - like steph don't think that anyone would do this for us. Then I think of the cost and that it would probably be a couple of weeks rent in Aus. Also, it'd be very emotional and I'm a bit of a coward - may say my goodbyes and shed my tears with friends individually. :cry:

Ali

Guest BrizManx

We were planning one, even had the venue booked. We now think it would be better to save the cash for when we get there.

Guest Missiemo

We are just meeting all our friends at the pub for a beer or two, then down to the Indian for a good old curry.

Bye

Missiemo

x

Guest Pasty

We've booked one for September and hope everyone will come so that we don't have to drag out all the goodbyes, I'd have no tears left by the end of it!

We will be taking our kids along to the party and may have a little one for their friends but we have sold our house and it looks like we will be out by the end of July and will be living with my mum up till we leave so will be saving a little bit of money by not paying a mortgage for a month!! (fingers crossed) so the expensive of a party was worth it in our eyes

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

PS hope i've not upset anyone by this, no offence intended

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

New to the site usally on poms in perth site any way we're having a leaving party just to say goodby to all our famliy and friends in one hit and get all the emotional stuff out the way and done with.. :lol:

Rich :wink:

Archived